The hotel is quite gloriously situated on the banks of the main Amsterdam Canal, whose name espcapes me, perhaps a little far from the museums, if this your particular enthusiasm, for comfort but one really should not be too picky. The rooms are quite glorious, the beds reach a new superhuman level of comfort and the staff have that very Dutch quality of treating you as a member of Planet Earth without ever straying into too intimate a relationship. Breakfast is marvellous, the swimming pool breathtaking and the entrance hall a throwback to the ancien siecle. As General Macarthur pointed out, 'I'll be back'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam