My first surprise was the upgrade upon my arrival. The room was big and well appointed. I had a view of the canal. I loved the free mini bar, the large bathroom with separate shower, the robes, the friendly service of the staff. I had my meals in the little bar cafe, perfect for a lone traveller. They made me feel very welcome. The location is right in the middle of the tourist travel areas,walked to the canal boats, the hop off-hop on bus, the local coffee shop, and central station. The staff was very accommodating and interested in my well being. I am glad I found and stayed at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam