I want to sincerely thank the entire staff at the Intercontinental Amsterdam Hotel for a truly amazing anniversary stay. The customer service and attention was nothing short of phenomenal!
Upon arrival to the hotel we were greeted by a fantastic bell staff who immediately handled our luggage. Then stepping into the hotel, my wife and I were in awe of the beautiful entry and lobby. Quickly we were met by the front desk/reception who already knew us by our names. Check-in was a pleasure as we sat at the desk and talked about our journey. From there the concierge met with us and provided outstanding recommendations on shopping and made dinner reservations for us. When brought to our hotel room, we were overwhelmed by the room upgrade we were given that was fit for a King and Queen. There was fruit, drinks, welcome letter, etc…. that even more made our visit very personalized. We had champagne in the lounge area (behind the lobby) and lunch overlooking the canal downstairs with friends, and everything was perfect!
What separated this visit from the many hotels I stay at was the pure beauty of the hotel and the exceptional customer service and personalized attention. In MBA classes about customer service, they typically use Harvard Business Review examples of the Ritz Carlton. I can tell you from my many stays at the Ritz, that the Intercontinental Amsterdam Staff level of service is even better. Perhaps they should write a “new book” on providing excellent service!
I want to point out to the readers that I’m in many travel programs with several different hotels. I highly recommend you join the Intercontinental Ambassador Program prior to your visit as I’m sure you will find it well worth the membership fee.
To the entire Intercontinental Amsterdam Hotel Staff, I say “thank you, thank you, thank you”!!! You made our 28th Wedding Anniversary a lifetime fantastic memorable stay! My wife and I can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam