We had a wonderful stay at this grand hotel. The staff was wonderful and accommodating, we really like the special touches like the turn down service and jogging map.
I was thrilled when our shuttle from the airport pulled up in front of this beautiful hotel.
One note regarding transportation from Schiphol, we called the hotel prior to our stay inquire if they had a shuttle, which they do not. I found info online for Schiphol Hotel shuttle Connexxion, which worked out great, was very convenient and less expensive than a taxi. We used the same shuttle for our trip back to the airport. I would like to have stayed much longer in this beautiful hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam