We had an amazing weekend stay in this very beautiful hotel. Magnificent entrance/reception with a grand staircase. The staff were absolutely brilliant from arrival to departure, nothing being too much trouble.
Chardonnay and Keshia took really good care of us at breakfast. Lovely French toast and bacon, Eggs Benedict also recommended. The rooms are spacious by European standards with all the amenities you would expect from an Intercontinental. We loved the decor in our by.pink room and there were lots of special little touches throughout the hotel that we appreciated. Spent some time on the terrace basking in the sunshine and watching boats pass by, very relaxing.
We didn't have time to utilise the spa which was unfortunate. The hotel is within walking distance of a lot of the sights and attractions.
Highly recommended, very special hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Venere, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam