This is a classic, beautiful hotel. The staff are fantastic. Nothing is too much trouble and they are both knowledgeable and thoughtful. I received much advice from the Concierge in my brief stay, and it was all fantastic.
The rooms are lovely and very comfortable. The bathrooms are large and well appointed. I join the reviewers who suggest that a canal view is worth paying for. It really is a lovely view.
The trams are very user friendly, so although this hotel is not in the centre of the city, it is very accessible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Odigeo, Otel, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam