Great hotel, great position, great staff. I stayed here during a break in a business trip. The hotel is on one of the main canals, so in summer there is a never ending procession of water craft to enjoy.
The staff are fantastic but can appear a little abrupt at times. I think it is "Dutch" thing.
My room was large and on the top floor. It was great. Unfortunately the 1st room they allocated me was on the 2nd floor and next to a noisy lift shaft, so I declined that one.
Breakfast is great either in room or in the restaurant. Don't be too late for the restaurant as it gets full.
The walls between rooms appear a little thin and do allow noise transfer between rooms.
The foyer is a delight and the hotel arranges quality taxis on request.
I had a great stay and will definitely go back.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel
- Intercontinental Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.