We stayed at Amstel for a weekend in early June of 2013. It was a perfect stay and most fortunately the weather was also perfect. The communication with the hotel before arrival was very helpful and they answered all our questions. The moment we turned into the street that the hotel is located, two hotel staff ran to help us with our luggage. The check-in process took less than 2 minutes and nevertheless we were very early they took us to our room. We were delighted that we were double upgraded to a Junior Suite with a river view. Fresh Fruit and bottled water were served. The bathroom was quite large and the water pressure was excellent. The room was extra clean. We had breakfast and had lunch in the terrace and I very much recommend the experience. The food quality for lunch was wonderful but for the breakfast could be improved (but I still very much recommend it). The spa facility was absolutely great. I also recommend the private tour using the hotel boat. It is a very elegant hotel. The service and politeness of the staff were absolutely perfect and flawless. The concierge was very helpful. The check-out process was very quick and the bill was accurate. While waiting for our taxi they served us coffee to say goodbye. The hotel accommodated us with all our requests and made our stay extra pleasant. I hope you will enjoy your stay there as much as we did.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel
- Intercontinental Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.