We were welcomed by the very friendly receptionist.He offered us for a small amount an upgrade to an executive riverview room.Even better he showed us three different rooms where we could choose from.The room was huge and even the bathroom.It has a bath with extra fast filling.We enjoyed it and we decided not to come out for diner,so we ordered room service.Mostly not that great quality in hotels but this was delicious,even a simple spaghetti!Breakfast was in a room with view on the Amstel river.Also the quality was very high with a wide choice and even a glass Moet & chandon.The service in the hotel is top notch and can't give any critic.Even when we checked out the porter provided us with some Evian for the journey back home.The only minor was when we wanted to take some nuts from the minibar they were expired.But we will go soon back again I think because this is really a relaxing holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Amex, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam