This hotel is currently undergoing some maintenance which was unfortunate but I must say it wasn't too disruptive. The lounges and bars are an absolute delight with marvellous views over the Amstel. It was fun enjoying a leisurely Sunday afternoon tea watching the bridges go up and down to allow traffic on the water to pass along. (As dark draws in, the lights in the canal boats prove that people really do inhabit those houseboats!) The staff are exemplary here - nothing is too much trouble. The location is not central but it is a haven of peace and quiet after the bustle of Dam Square! It is expensive, as you would expect being an Intercontinental, but the food was excellent. Our room was stylish but the wallpaper was peeling off the wall which was a shame. The spacious bathroom more than made up for it. Overall, a wonderful hotel of old fashioned charm and luxury and I shall no doubt revisit it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam