Wow, wish I had stayed here. I came in with colleagues for drinks and lunch ahead of a business meeting, and enjoyed it very much. We opted for sandwiches and they came in hollowed out loaves - very amusing! They were really very good as were the other light snacks we were offered. It is a magnificent hotel - everything is of the highest quality, including the coffee which is probably the best I've had since my recent trip to Brazil. One feels that it retains the grandeur of a different age. The public spaces are ample and very comfortable; the staff is definitely 'a cut above' the average - discretely helpful and polite. The views over the canal are wonderful. In the evening we returned to the bar downstairs which seemed to be right on the water and watched rowers ploughing the canal in the dark - a super sight.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel
- Intercontinental Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.