I recently stayed at the IC Amstel on the last night of my honeymoon, whilst on an overnight transit stop in Amsterdam.
I stayed on priority club points, but unfortuantely was not given an upgrade which would have been appreciated as a platinum member.
Nonetheless, the standard room we stayed in was spacious and beautifully appointed. The health club and pool, looking out over the Amstel is very special, so make sure you bring your swim/gym gear!
We invited our inlaws for drinks in the bar, which was really wonderful, in such beautiful luxurious surroundings.
This hotel is a work of art, the staff are courteous and professional and the rooms are luxurious. I would not hesitate to recommend it and can't wait to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam