Stayed two midweek nights. Only about 90 rooms, so even when full, which it was both nights, one is not inconvenienced. It was busy because Lady Gaga and her people stayed here for some nights whilst performing at Bijlmer's new Ziggo Dome concert hall.
Very impressive building on banks of Amsel River, with easy access in Amsterdam to anywhere you might want to go. Lovely lounge for afternoon tea and cakes plus evening drinks. On basement floor, another bar overlooking the amstel plus Michelin star restaurant
Outside, great for summer is a massive terrace area with seating to eat & drink at.
Had an executive city-view suite, massive windows, two big flatscreen TV's, separate bedroom with massive bathroom, separated bath, toliet, big shower room all behind doors in bathroom. Lovely toiletries, instant copious hotwater, bath filled in no time at all.
Very comfortable bed/pillows, I slept really well, turn down service, convenient light switches and power supply points throughout suite, no problems powering my laptop in bed.
Nice 15metre pool in basement, plus better gym facilities than many hotelsI have stayed at.
Did not have breakfast .. but room service pot of coffee, a large thermos pot , good for 5 coffees , over a couple of hours was superb value at only 7euro's.
Would really recommend trying this hotel , maybe for a special occaision, rooms are nice and big, and in Amsterdam where most hotel rooms are tiny, that really makes a difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam