My wife and I stayed here after a recent river tour across Europe. It provided a wonderful home base to more fully explore Amsterdam and an elegant location to relax and unwind after a multi-week tour. The rooms were incredible, the common areas were elegant and refined. We especially enjoyed the lounge area, where we had the wonderful afternoon tea as well as drinks. The breakfast buffet was excellent although we were disapointed in the dinner selection. Unfortunately the main dining room was closed for vacation while we were there. The staff was excellent and very service oriented. While we had a little problem with the electrical wiring in the initial room we were given, hotel staff was very accomodating and rectified the situation, giving us an upgraded room. Special thanks to the night manager John in resolving this.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel
- Intercontinental Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.