Loved the hotel! Such an amazing view! Rooms were spacious and bathrooms were clean. Breakfast was plentiful, but make sure it is included in your hotel package, or it will set you back 32 Euros (including kids!) for cereal and powdered eggs. The concierge arranged a private canal tour on an open boat, and we took take out from the restaurant. The staff was all friendly and attentive. I do wish there was more on the menu, as the restaurant has a beautiful view. We would have eaten there more if there were more vegetarian and child options. The pool and spa are wonderful! Again, beautiful view, even if it is raining. Pool is on the small side, but works. Good exercise equipment. But WOW is that floor slippery by the pool. My 3 year old slipped and hit his head, and I slipped too. Overall though, I would go back there again. And I would rent the paddle boat that you use your feet to paddle through the canals too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam