“Best hotel ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NH Amsterdam Barbizon Palace

Save Saved
You added NH Amsterdam Barbizon Palace to your Saves list
NH Amsterdam Barbizon Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prins Hendrikkade, 59-72, 1012AD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly NH Barbizon Palace) (Red Light District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #143 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best hotel ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I love this hotel. Have stayed twice, both times been VERY happy. Was unable to get a smoking room on first visit however we were allocated one as soon as it became available and cleaned. The hotel is stunning inside, the beds are comfortable and very spacious. Directly across from Centraal Station and nearby coffee shops, shops, bars and restaurants. Free WIFI available. The staff were fantastic, we had a very late flight on returning home and although check-out was at 4 (Sunday late check out - amazing) we were allowed to keep our luggage in their storage and hang about the lobby. Would 100% recommend this hotel, it is slightly costly compared to other hotels I've stayed at in Amsterdam but definitely worth the money. ALSO it has lifts!! which is amazing if you try some weed at a coffee shop.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights literally a couple of days ago. It is in a fantastic location, just 500m or so from the Central Station so most things were walkable from here. Although it's definitiely not a 5 star hotel, I wasn't expecting it to be given the price I paid for my stay. Yes, the decor (apart from a fabulous lobby and reception area) is somewhat dated and could do with a facelift, the rooms were large for a city centre location, very comfortable clean and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and obliging. I didn't eat here as there were just so many other tempting restaurants just minutes away. So to sum up, you get what you pay for, and I would say this was good value for money. Would I stay here again - absolutely!

Room Tip: I had a room at the back of the hotel on the top floor, so noise was never an issue.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Rotherham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed here for work, great location to the train station and getting out to see Amsterdam. I was at the front of the hotel looking over the canal and the station. The hotel had provided ear plugs for the bedroom. Great lunch was provided and the night we stayed in the hotel for a meal the steak was lovely.

Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was my second stay within the past three years at this property. While the lobby is fresh looking, the location to the train station and a lot of what Amsterdam has to offer is great, the hotel rooms themselves need some urgent refurbishing. It is sooo dated, more like a throwback to the early 80s at best. I can't understand why the hotel won't invest in upgrading their rooms. I have stayed in old hotels in my day and welcomed the charm that their age have given them, but even they have kept the charm while upgrading their rooms. Don't get me wrong, you houldn't have a terrible experience staying here but management can make some important room improvements and bring this back to a four star hotel. I don't know if they care to do this.

Brno, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Hotel has great location, nearly in front of railway station, few steps from downtown, tram station. Around hotel are many restaurants, shops, bars.. Hotel is marked as 5stars but in fact it is something between 3 and 4 stars. Room is quite big but with old equipment.
Very bad was room service. After returning to room around 3pm, room was not cleaned yet. Room service came around 5pm what was disturbing for me. On the other hand staff at the reception was always helpful.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend and it started off poorly!

We went to check in and they had no records of our booking! We booked through hotels.com and had to start providing evidence that we booked it!

After about 20 minutes they finally found our records but told us our room wasn't ready yet as a room would have to be made up. I understood on the website it had a check in of 3 but after they had mucked us around I expected them to make us a room up.

We gave them our number so they could let us know when it would be ready but they didn't so we just walked back at 3 and they said it was fine! Thanks for letting us know....

Considering we arrived at the hotel at about 10 in the morning we just wanted to get settled before going out.

The hotel itself is nice but the rooms are a bit dated and there was a weird smell in our room.

The hotel is in a good area so you are near to a lot of fun places!

Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great hotel in a fantastic location, 5 minutes walk from the centre of Amsterdam and all it offers. Made to feel very welcome our entire stay. Best bed we have slept in, coming back for my 50th next January.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to NH Amsterdam Barbizon Palace? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about NH Amsterdam Barbizon Palace

Address: Prins Hendrikkade, 59-72, 1012AD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly NH Barbizon Palace)
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
#75 Luxury Hotel in Amsterdam
Hotel Class:5 star — NH Amsterdam Barbizon Palace 5*
The five-star NH Amsterdam Barbizon Palace is conveniently located in the heart of old Amsterdam and easily accessible to famous attractions, both on foot or via public transportation. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel, getaroom.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your NH Amsterdam Barbizon Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nh Barbizon Palace Amsterdam
Nh Hotels Amsterdam

If you own or manage NH Amsterdam Barbizon Palace, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.