“PC Hoofstraat-Elegance A'dam Style” 5 of 5 stars
Review of P.C. Hoofstraat

P.C. Hoofstraat
Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)
Improve this listing
Ranked #118 of 298 attractions in Amsterdam
Type: Landmarks/ Points of Interest
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Amsterdam's most exclusive shopping street is located in the heart of the city, within walking distance of major attractions such as the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum.
Seattle, Washington
10 attraction reviews
“PC Hoofstraat-Elegance A'dam Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I loved walking up and down this street window shopping at the exquisite designer shops. This is Amsterdam's equivalent to Paris's rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré. I enjoyed Chanel, but was a bit dismayed when an alarm went off (from the person before me) and the security guard gave me the "look of death". Fortunately the ppl in front of me opened their bag and the incident was sorted out, but I did feel a bit dissed. In any case, I found my favorite personal blend at Chanel which I subsequently bought at the Firenze boutique. When I was there it was fashion week which was a plus. Even if you don't buy anything, this is a fun place to visit and very close to the museum quarter. We stayed at the Bilderberg Hotel Jan Luyken which was just around the corner in a lovely residential neighborhood.

Visited December 2012

Seneca, South Carolina
17 attraction reviews
“Glam and Posh, cool place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed here, in a gorgeous apartment right above Tiffany's last September. I loved to open our windows and people watch, while sipping wine. Window shopping was fun but that's all I did, I'm not as fancy as the models and Dutch celebs I was watching. ;) looking below, it was common to see a Ferrari jet by or Rolls Royce, no biggie. If you like spending lots of $$$ then this is the place to shop. Louis Vuitton, Ogre, Hermes are just a few shops all on this little cobblestone street. We stayed during Fashion Night Out (Vogue) and I loved watching from my 5 story apartment as models paraded down the street, followed by a marching band. There was an Italian guy that sang with a guitar right outside of our apartment and he even looked up to me and sang to me and tried to wave me down. Lol, fun street to stay on, for sure!

Visited September 2012
Amsterdam
5 attraction reviews
“more cafes would be nice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

you have lots of shops but not enough restaurants or cafes there to just take a seat and get a coffe.

Amsterdam
7 attraction reviews
“A mystery”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

No idea why people like this street, or even think it's "posh". I reckon it just hits the sweet spot for middle-of-the-road poseurs who like to feel good about spending way too much for nothing special.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“hotel stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed in a hotel here, perfect for visiting all the museums and five minutes away from leiden square, with a lot of bars and restaurants around.

Visited February 2013