We are still at the hotel, we will be leaving tomorrow. The stay here so far has been amazing. As soon as we arrived we were warmly welcomed and informed that we were the "guest of the day" as such we were entitled to a room upgrade (we got a junior suite), private concierge and late check-out to suit our flight schedule. The location of the hotel is very central, close to pretty much every attraction of the city. The concierge was really helpful when we were looking for a sushi restaurant. Rooms are definitely nice and well furnished; in the suites have a complimentary coffee machine is included which is a nice touch for us avid coffee drinkers. Everyday they offered us a different present with a hand signed letter from the hotel manager and the guest relationship manager; it was a totally unexpected and very welcomed surprise. The hotel has also a SPA and a swimming pool but we didn't have a chance to use either of them. So far the best hotel we've stayed at here in AMS, looking forward to coming back here in the near future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel