Set in the historic former City Hall, this hotel sets the standard for service and style in the heart of Amsterdam. Gorgeous lobby, lounge, spectacular garden courtyard and restaurant plus stylish rooms make this a no-brainer. As with all Sofitel's in our experience, the front desk staff makes you feel welcomed into an intimate, stylish environment from start to finish -- really first rate. VERY conveniently Located in central Amsterdam, you can find a better situated, stylish place to stay. One side of the hotel features canal views (those are the rooms to ask for). Many rooms face the beautiful central garden courtyard (above 1st floor, very pleasant and light. Our room, unfortunately, faced the street side and was located on the first (US second) floor. It was sunless, and unfortunately, due to the split level configuration of the room (you enter on the upper level which has a VERY STYLISH bathroom, closets , and step down four or five steps to the bedroom section (with TV, desk, etc.), the bedroom section was just a few feet above "head level" of the loud partygoers below so it was NOISEY pretty much all time of day and night. If you have a problem with stairs, ask for a different configuration of room (ours was a Superior category - pretty much base level). Going up and down the stairs to the bathroom could be a problem for some. Anyway - the style and furnishings of the rooms is a great offset to the noise. This is an extraordinary hotel, by any standard - perfection when it comes to location and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Despegar.com, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel