Booking this hotel for my wedding anniversary was the best decision I have made. We opted for a suite which came with its own butler who assisted us in unpacking our bags some ironing that we did and later on came and ran our bath. However that was just the tip of what was to become a very big iceberg.
This hotel is amazing there are so many facets to it from the tour around the building telling us of its rich history to the small areas where you can sit and just enjoy the space with a glass of champagne or scotch. The staff were so helpful and arranged anything we wished to do.
I would recommend asking them to arrange a guide for the day it was about 250 euro but we saw some amazing hidden gems. I would recommend anyone to see the art deco cinema in the centre of Amsterdam it truly is amazing and still operational.
The bed was super comfortable the location is perfect. I really wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Amsterdam. This is up there with the best hotels I have stayed in.
We also ate at the restaurant and if you like seafood don't bother looking anywhere else this is amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, ACCOR, EasyToBook, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel