We stayed here five nights at the beginning of this year's European vacation and had a wonderful experience. First of all, the property is gorgeous as well as historic and because of its courtyard reminded us of the grand, lovely, famous hotel we enjoyed in Paris. The location is superb and we were easily able to walk to most of our dinner reservation around the city. We had a canal view which proved a bit loud at times (our family had managed to vacation during Amsterdam's Gay Pride celebration and there were many, many boats celebrating with exuberance) but we easily were able to sleep in our comfortable, large rooms. Our internet was free and extremely fast, a plus for a family that wants to stay connected back home. Breakfast was included for us and offered many choices including hot selections like eggs and waffles prepared to order. The staff was friendly and helpful at all times. The only criticism I could offer is that it was difficult at night to find a solution to charging an iPhone or iPad - if you turned out all of the lights, the outlets were off as well. (We finally found that we could charge our devices in the bathroom but that offered only one outlet.) I would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommend this hotel to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook, ACCOR, Splendia, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel