Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on business in July 2014. A fast 20 minute taxi drive from local Schiphol airport (25euros) helps you get a good introduction to the local area of cycle lanes, narrow cobbled streets, shops, bridges and the famous canals - utterly unique.
The Grand is nestled in a quiet area by a canal and near several cafes and shops.
There is an inner courtyard which is a mini oasis before you step in to reception.
Nice warm welcome and a fast, efficient check-in. Really good to see as this can be a frustrating process. Plenty of staff here to help you. Free WiFi which was fast throughout my stay.
Stayed on the 3rd floor in a spacious bedroom. Good services in room plus very clean bathroom. Very comfortable bed and quiet. Didn't hear any door slamming along the corridor or cleaning staff.
Enjoyed dinner at the Hotels Bridges restaurant - delicious French food. Tasted fantastic and the service was superb. Excellent quality.
There are several areas in the Hotel for drinks either Al Fresco or in their Pub Bar, which has local beer on draught too. Bar staff very friendly.
Good tasty breakfast buffet with loads of choice and a friendly service. Nice view over the canal.
We also booked a meeting room over the other side of the Hotel in a separate area. Would highly recommend this as our room was large enough for 12 people and contained all the modern fixtures and fittings you would need to hold a meeting. All within a cultured and quiet settling.
Would highly recommend this hotel as a great place to stay and for a business location.
Well trained staff. Pleasant attitude. Hard working for the guests and within a fantastic city.
Thank you to everyone at the Sofitel Legend.
We will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook, ACCOR, Splendia, Hotels.com, Otel, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel