We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in July 2014. Amsterdam is very busy any time of the year. The Grand - with its front and inner courtyard - is like a peaceful island in the city center. We stayed in a suite with a sitting room, seperate bedroom, spacious bathroom with shower, double sink, toilet, bath, seperate toilet, free and fast WIFI. TV in the sitting room, bedroom and bathroom. Very comfortable double bed. Comfortable couch. Writing desk. Spacious closet, safe, mini-bar. All very clean. Very helpful and friendly service by butler Domingo. However, the butler form we were asked to fill and return by email beforehand with our choice of pillows, newspaper, reason of our visit,... was probably not read by anyone. There was no turndown service on our second night and no newspaper on our first morning. Dinner at Bridges was a real treat. Quite expensive but worth every Euro. Excellent food, excellent wines, excellent waiter service with an attitude :) It's a pity though that there seems to be no dresscode for the guests in the restaurant. We felt a bit overdressed. Nice courtyard for lunch or drinks. Library cosy and comfortable. Concierge / reception services very friendly and efficient. Breakfast a bit overpriced. We didn't understand why the eggs were served cold/lukewarm as they are made to order and came straight from the kitchen but the breakfast buffet is nice. Plenty of choices. The location of the hotel couldn't be better for visiting the city center. Overall we had an excellent stay and we will consider The Grand again on our next stay in Amsterdam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, EasyToBook, ACCOR, Splendia, Hotels.com, Otel, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel