Stayed here for family wedding recently. The wedding chamber itself is an historical and architectural gem from the Deco era when the hotel was the Amsterdam Town Hall and for a small intimate wedding could not be bettered.
Bedrooms all very nice indeed and probably the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. Outstanding breakfast choices and buffet - again one of the very best ever.
Service was generally outstanding (other than being told by the receptionist that we hadn't got a booking on arrival - she was suitably embarrassed and apologetic subsequently - which may be why my parents suitcase ended up in the baggage room rather than their bedroom).
Food is outstanding, but quite fussy so not ideal for older parents. Likewise, the food options other than the restaurant also not really suited to elderly parents (low seating or high bar stools. Perhaps churlish of me to think that to be truly great a hotel should be able to cater equally well to the complete age range?
It was a great location and setting for the wedding which was brilliantly well done. My own taste in hotels is more small scale and personal but for a large and special hotel this is probably as good as it gets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, ACCOR, Splendia, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel