First of all, the staff make you feel special the moment you arrive.
I brought my car with me from home, which was whisked away by the concierge to be parked for the duration of my stay (Euro 50 per day), as the charm of this Hotel is it is so central.
Check in is immediate, and very smooth, and room 450 is a wonderful spacious suite, with a Bose music system, Huge walk in shower, large bath, plenty of free Evian water, a well stocked mini bar, and all the wonderful Hermes products you expect from Sofitel world wide.
I ate in the main restaurant, and I have to say the food was first class - I am quite surprised they don't have a Michelin star!, and the service is impeccable.
I did not find the time to use the Spa sadly, but the bar's and restaurants were all very good.
I have to rank this Hotel as one of the best I have stayed in world wide, perhaps THE best.
It's central position, and amazing service, coupled with superb food choices.
Well done Accor/Sofitel - now sort out your Paris Hotels please!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel