I stayed at this hotel for four nights recently. Check-in was a breeze with a really friendly and helpful staff member who showed me up to my room and explained its features. The standard of service for the whole time was really exceptional - quick and nothing was too much trouble, and this was consistent across all staff.
The room was a good size and really well designed and fitted out. Plush bedding (like sleeping on a cloud) and high quality all around.
Internet is free but on the slow side, but you can pay EUR17.95/day to upgrade to something more reasonable in terms of speed.
The food was amazing - we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner on various occasions. First class - breakfast for example was a lovely range of continental options plus freshly made eggs, bacon etc on order.
The room was well serviced and really clean.
There is a lovely lounge downstairs with fire places and comfy chairs.
The hotel is well located, on a main canal and within close walking distance to most of the attractions in Amsterdam. It was an old cloister and so is in a square shape, which makes it a little to get to some parts of it e.g. from my room on level 5 to the gym on level 1 meant going to level 3 and walking around the square to change lifts and go down to level 1.
The gym itself was very small - four cardio machines, some free weights and a weight machine. It was part of a wellness area and that had a pool, which looked alright but I didn't go in.
I'd definitely stay here again. It felt very welcoming and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Jetsetter, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel