If this is 5 star, I will stick with 4 star for the price difference and quicker service....
We waited over 30 minutes for two glasses of wine and when we asked if it would be much longer, the waitress responded, why are you in a hurry? Waited a really long time to check in and had requested one bed instead of two singles and still did not get what we requested. Even though we are Gold Members they were not able to upgrade us. Rooms were not cleaned by 4pm Saturday and when we came back for a nap before dinner they called us in the midst of it and asked us when we could get out so they could clean the room.
We seemed to wait a really long time for everything. After coming home from shopping one day, we had a lot of bags and did not want to go up to the room straight away, so asked if they could hold onto them for us. They offered to bring it to the room but when we came back at midnight, they still had not been able to do this. Although, they did go out of their way after the restaurant was closed, to see if we could order from room service menu in the courtyard for dessert and coffees, which was absolutely delicious.
The good things about this hotel were: the décor is beautiful, outside courtyard is very peaceful, comfort of the rooms is very good and the pool/spa area are wonderful; the water temperature was perfect, they had a wonderful steam room and infinity pool option. We could not figure out how the Jacuzzi part of the pool worked and could not find anyone around for assistance.
I would stay here again, but only if I got a good deal and for the spa and room quality, not for the service or hospitality. Had a much better experience in Paris and Montpellier which is surprising to me considering I love Dutch people. Have visited Amsterdam about 10 times in the last 3 years and all my other times here have not had this kind of service and hospitality :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, ACCOR, Splendia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel