We have just returned from a weekend away to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful stay at the Sofitel Legend in Amsterdam :-)
On arrival the reception staff were extremely friendly & made us feel immediately welcome. As a surprise they had organised a complimentary half bottle of champagne to arrive in our room to celebrate our anniversary which was a wonderful start to our weekend. Our room was canal facing and very comfortable and quiet, considering that the hotel in based in the heart of the Red Light District!
We chose to have breakfast at the hotel and whilst it wasn't the cheapest we have had I.e €35 per person there was a very good choice and range of continental and cooked breakfast options and the staff were very obliging.
Both evenings we sat in the courtyard for early cocktails and again the staff were friendly and the environment was beautiful for a relaxed drink!
Overall this is a wonderful hotel and would definitely recommend this for a weekend break, preferably without children, to really enjoy this beautiful and historical building and surroundings.
My only comment to add would be that the superior rooms have a bath, as the shower was great but always lovely to have an opportunity to relax in a bath on such weekends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, ACCOR, Otel, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel