The Grand Sofitel is in a great location and the hotel rooms have been nicely renovated. However, that is to be expected from a top hotel in a capital city. The customer service on the other hand is poor. After speaking with the Front Desk I decided to select the premium internet service for EUR 17.50 per day as it was described as very fast. The internet turned out to be very slow and when I highlighted this I had to speak to the Front desk several times and had an engineer visit my room to tell me that someone could help me tomorrow. No one apologized or offered refund the charge and when I asked the person at the Front desk had to ask someone to get it approved. In my opinion, high speed internet should be available free of charge at a hotel like the Grand Sofitel.
Here is the speedtest result of the "premium" internet:
Needless to say don't pay for the internet at the Grand!
Also note that the Gym is tiny with 1 treadmill, 2 bikes and 1 stair master.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, ACCOR, Splendia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel