This is well deserving a 5 star review. I have pondered hard over it. It is GREAT. The grounds, the welcoming the hallways and elevators. The feeling of the library and the Flying Dutchman bar. Everything feels top notch.
I stayed here for 1 night on business in a Superior Room.
Some have written that their rooms were cramped, and that may very well be. But my Superior Room was just that. Superior. Nice sitting areas, spacious bathroom and a comfy bedrom. The bed was extremely soft and delicious and I slept like a baby. Only really funny thing were the toilets that were installed way to high on the wall (unless you are "7 feet tall").
Another thing that must be pointed out is that everything was spotlessly clean and fresh. All in all, this is a hotel that is clearly going for real luxury.
But are they there yet? Well, not quite. I mean they are almost there and I would love to give them 5 stars. But I have to think - are they as smooth as a good TAJ? Is everything simply gliding along as the Savoy. Is it as friendly as a good Four Seasons? No, it is not. It is a bit stakkato, the breakfast is really so-so, the staff isn't quite there although good.
Therefore it is 4 stars. But the strongest 4 stars i suppose I will ever give. And I assure you that this will be my choice on my next trip to Amsterdam as well.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Otel, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Amex, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.