I visited the Hotel for business and was a little bit scared by its decor!
Modern in an old building can be quickly of bad taste but for me it's perfectly done! I love the hotel because the modern touch doesn't make you forget that you are in Amsterdam.
The room I had was spacious and well equipped. The bathroom was beautiful! Maybe there was missing some drawer to put my clothes in the bedroom but nothing too bothering.
The entertainment system is really modern but made to make you pay as the offered channel are basic compared to other hotel but you are not in Amsterdam for that.
I tried the restaurant for dinner (Had the Monkfish + the Souflé) and it was a really good, good surprise so try it you shouldn't be unhappy.
The breakfast is fantastic! Lots of different smoothie and healthy option, I loved it!
Had couple of drinks at the bar another evening too and their cocktails were good!
In term of service it's not always the best I have received but always done with a smile so you don't bother the little something sometimes missing...
The location is right next the Red district but also to the "normal" side of the city so it's perfect!
If you look to organise an event there, their facilities are really good too...
Overall it's a really good hotel that you should enjoy! I would recommend it to my friends and family with no issues!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel