Sofitel The Grand was our second stop on a 4 stop honeymoon. The hotel gave us a complimentary upgrade and champagne to celebrate the occasion. Aside from the upgrade, the staff was extremely warm and welcoming upon check-in. They escorted us to our beautiful room which overlooked the courtyard and walked us through all of the features of the hotel room.
The room was well decorated and very clean. The bathroom was amazing, with a dual head shower, a large soaking tub and his and hers sinks. Also, the location of the hotel itself was great as we were within walking distance of the city center. We both used the gym, swimming pool and steam room (all complimentary) during our stay. While the gym was definitely tiny, the indoor pool was a decent size. The concierge’s recommendations were all a hit from Pancake Bakery, to a new Vietnamese restaurant, to a great wine bar. Even though the weather wasn’t ideal (pockets of rain the whole weekend) our trip was excellent because of Sofitel The Grand. We will definitely be back and wouldn’t think of staying anywhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, ACCOR, Splendia, Otel, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel