“Very nice and unique Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel

You added Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Prinsengracht 315-331, 1016 GZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Offers & Announcements
Enjoy from €75 F
Ranked #46 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Vancouver, BC
“Very nice and unique Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Pulitzer is actually a bunch of houses put together to form the hotel - kind of a cool concept and they were able to pull it off. We had a room with a garden view which was nice because it was quiet - I heard the canal views can be noisy. Each room and building has a a bit of a history which they let you know about as well.

The hotel is a few stops by tram from the central station or a quick taxi ride. The hotel itself is a maze (but they do provide a map). The hotel is a little older, so don`t expect too many modern touches, but it is very elegant and picturesque. Our room was clean and comfortable, but a little small for the price we were paying... the hotel service and concierge were extremely helpful and made the experience that much better.

Room Tip: Take your time and ask questions as there are so many options with this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AlexanderVanGastel, General Manager at Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Oilers123,

Thank you very much for sharing your Hotel Pulitzer experience with us! I am delighted to read you appreciated the authentic charm of the hotel and its interior. Our Concierge service indeed is very nice and I am always surprised on the knowledge of our Concierges on Amsterdam. I hope we may welcome you again in the near future.

Alex van Gastel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Worcestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had a lovely room overlooking the canal at the front of the hotel. The room had a very comfy bed, the bathroom had big, fluffy towels, a robe and slippers, and the shampoo etc was super. The breakfast buffet was very good. Hotel location is great, we walked all over the city. Nearby cafes and restaurants are good. Staff are friendly and helpful. I would happily return to this hotel.

Room Tip: We were happy with the canal view room, but you can hear some noise from the street. If noise from t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Daisy1772,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and ratings on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us in Hotel Pulitzer and I hope we may welcome you again in the near future.

Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just returned from an excellent 2 night stay in this hotel with family group for a special birthday visit to Amsterdam. A big thank you to all the staff who were so helpful and attentive, but a special mention to Tamar (I hope I've spelt this correctly!) for her patience and kindness in making this a special occasion for my aunt. I would definitely return to Hotel Pulitzer and it is in a perfect location. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ailliee,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Pulitzer to celebrate such a special occasion! Please be informed that I have shared your compliments with Tamar, who was delighted to hear she contributed positively to your Hotel Pulitzer experience. We look forward to welcome you again in Hotel Pulitzer.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer for eight nights while in Amsterdam for business. I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel's combination of history and modern (even American-ized) amenities. My room was quite large and very comfortable, with ample closet space and storage space. The bathroom was on the small size, but not at all unexpected for Europe.

Service was excellent from the front desk through to the porters and doormen to the waiters in the restaurant. The doormen were always friendly and available to hail taxis and answer questions.

Location is great with quick access to a number of tram lines and restaurants. Many, many sights and dining options were withing walking distance. For Americans and those who are used to eating later in the evening, be aware that dinner options late at night (10 PM or later) are VERY limited in this area.

My only complaint is that the price for the hotel breakfast is high. I know it is included in many rates (some of my colleagues had it included, some of us didn't), but 29 euros seems very high, particularly when you have early meetings and don't want to go far from the hotel in the morning. It was quite good and the service was excellent. Same can be said for the espresso bar and the bar.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, be sure to address them with the hotel at check in or before, as many o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear sarat234,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on TripAdvisor. Indeed, the Dutch population is used to having dinner around 6PM and therefore quite a few of restaurant close their kitchen around 10PM. Please do not hesitate to contact our Concierge desk for additional information on good restaurants with longer opening hours.
Please be informed that I have shared your comments on the Breakfast prices with our Food and Beverage department.
I hope we may welcome you again in Hotel Pulitzer in the near future.

Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

i am giving 3 stars not because its a bad place but because it is not five stars and not luxury for sure. we had standard room which was ok but smallish. did not try breakfast as it is 30 euros per person. location is excellent, very nice area, little dead on sunday though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mattse,

Thank you very much for your review and comments on Hotel Pulitzer. I am very sorry to read you did not experience the 5* service in Hotel Pulitzer. We strive to provide all our guests with an exceptional and indigenous experience and I regret that we were not able to provide you with this important value. I hope we may welcome you again in the future, so we can show you how we intend our service.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Outstanding hotel. Will not stay anywhere else. The location is perfect, the staff very attentive, and the overall quality is superior. We enjoyed the Pulitzer Bar every evening for a nightcap, and it was always a fun scene and crowd. The breakfast was also very well done.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jaimegracia,

Your review is truly heartwarming, thank you very much for taking the time to share your Hotel Pulitzer experience with us on TripAdvisor. Please be informed that we have shared your comments with the entire team of Hotel Pulitzer. We look forward welcoming you again in our unique property.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Two of us, sharing a twin room had a short but thoroughly enjoyable 2 night stay back in October. One of us arrived extremely at 10am on the Friday morning but was allocated a room straight away without extra charge. We were given an attic room which I had heard from a frequent visitor were the least impressive rooms to stay in, but when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the warm and cosy layout with compact but adequately equipped bathroom.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and spoke perfect english. The location is second to none along the very beautiful Prinsengracht and Keizersgracht canals, surrounded by many lovely boutique shops, restaurants and bars. It is also a 5 minute walk to Anne Frank's house, and a 20 minute walk to the museum district housing the Rijksmuseum, Stedelijk Museum and the Van Gogh Museum to name a few.

We did not dine or drink in the hotel as there are so many fun places in the local area to try, but we had a very comfortable weekend (lovely beds) and a very pleasant stay due to helpful staff, modest but sophisticated surroundings and an excellent location.

I was also pleased to receive a personal email from the hotel manager after my stay asking what suggestions I could give to improve the experience. My only comment was that the hairdryer could have been more powerful, to which I received another email to acknowledge my complaint and reassurance that the managing team would look in to upgrading that facility. That was all that I could think of but it wasn't a deal breaker!

Room Tip: I have heard the canal rooms can be noisy at night, and that it is nice to have a room overlooking t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
AlexanderVanGastel, General Manager at Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear LondonAvA,

Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read you appreciated my follow- up email and acknowledgement to your feedback. Reading your lovely words on our ambassadors is heartwarming. We look forward welcoming you back to Hotel Pulitzer in the near future.

Alex van Gastel

Been to Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!