“Cheap, 'clean', good location from visionary dutch planeteers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conscious Hotel Vondelpark

Save Saved
You added Conscious Hotel Vondelpark to your Saves list
Conscious Hotel Vondelpark
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Overtoom 519-521, 1054 LH Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #82 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Cheap, 'clean', good location from visionary dutch planeteers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

This place is a bargain. Pretty good location half way down vondelpark which would come into its own in summer. Opted for slightly more expensive room, though still very cheap, decent size and quite nicely decorated. Really nice reception/cafe area and a gym right next door. Two things 1) When I went into my room there were already folk in there. Bit awkward. Reception, who were very pleasant, came up and gave me a new room but failed to come up with an adequate explanation. Apparently it had 'never happened before'. 2) They clean the rooms with water only. I mean there is a place for being eco friendly and a place for blitzing away any residue left by previous feral guests. I'd opt for the latter. That said, I appreciate their eco mission and while it gave me the heebie jeebies it did seem pretty clean.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

547 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

Such a nice hotel. Nice location, friendly, very English-oriented. Affordable. Small rooms but that's to be expected. Nicest bathroom I've ever had in a hotel. Great atmosphere, near public transportation (tram stop 25 ft from front door).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Shipley, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

The tram stop for the number 1 tram is right outside the door, so the hotel is easy to get to. My room was in the front section of the hotel, not enormous but still spacious, very comfortable bed and a nice table and chairs by the huge window. My bathroom didn't have a bath, but the walk-in shower was lovely. The bed is very comfortable, plenty of pillows for lounging, with more and an extra blanket in the wardrobe - I slept very well. Flat-screen TV with lots of channels, Dutch and English. The Vondelpark is just round the corner, excellent for walking and running, and the Oud-West and Oud-Zuid areas are fun to explore. The staff were friendly and helpful, the bar/coffee area was a nice place to relax and watch the world go by. The hotel feels very secure - you need your electronic room key to get past the lobby - and the room was very quiet.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

We were visiting Amsterdam for the first time for one night for my partners birthday. I booked the hotel as it had good reviews here and to be honest it was cheap.

I dont think I could fault the hotel on anything. The staff were polite and helpful, the rooms were clean, nicely decorated and genuinely had the comfiest bed I've ever slept on.

The hotel was slightly furtherout of the city center than we had first thought but it is literally one street away from the Vondelpark which makes it actually a lovely walk back to the center. It's close to the main museums and plenty of restaurants and shops.

As we're not really into going out and were completely exhausted by the nighttime we were there I cant really judge how well it's situated for clubs or bars but I did find that our room [in Tower B] was very quiet on a night time.

I didnt realise until we started walking to the room but the hotel is actually two 'tower' buildings connected by an enclosed walkway. Eeverything is very well sign posted trhough so still nice and easy to get arounf the hotel and find your room and if anything I think this may be an added bonus as when we arrived we were offered the choice of either a front tower room witha street view or a back toweer room which would be quieter.

All in all a lovely hotel well worth the [more than reasonable] price.

Also well done for the environmental concept of the hotel which was more than followed through without ever feeling skimped on or preaching.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

Excellent service from reception - very geniune and helpful. They provide maps upon check-in and go above and beyond in explaining Amsterdam's transport system for first-time visitors. I booked 2 rooms - one for my parents, and the receptionist was kind enough to upgrade them to a room with coco-mats. Breakfast was worth it with quite a good spread of pastrys and beverages.

The rooms, however, were very simple. Our room lacked an ipod dock, blowdryer, kettle, mugs, toothbrush etc. They basically provide the bare mininal. The walls, we found, were paper thin and we had to keep our voices low even within our rooms to avoid interrupting other guests.

Free internet worked at the reception area, but not on Tower 2, 2/F, which was disappointing.

Overall, I would give the hotel 3 stars.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

This hotel is fantastic, a little out of town but purchasing a 24hr bus, tram and train ticket for €7, the location was not a problem. It's about a 15minute tram journey, or a 35min walk to the centre.
The rooms are spot on, clean, modern, spacious and basic. Rooms have a flat screen and an iPod dock. Bathroom shower is large and hot. The beds are comfortable, however if your not a fan of memory foam you may want to remove the topper. I personally love them.

The hotel staff we very friendly and helpful. We purchased breakfast upon arriving for an additional €10 each. Its your typical continental breakfast, with various eggs to offer. We certainly got our money's worth.

Plan on staying here again,

• Stayed January 2011
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

We booked the hotel online, unsure of what reality would hold for us, and were extremely relieved and pleased when we walked into the lobby. Perfect place to stay for two 30-somethings on a holiday! Besides being affordable, they may have the most comfortable beds in the world, its super clean and comfortable, and they were very accomodating when almost everything on our trip went wrong (lost luggage, food poisoning, locked safe that refused to open and give us our euros back, etc). Fantastic service from Tim especially, wonderful bartender and host! The tram is right outside the door, market and pharmacy just up the street, and the Vondelpark right beside. Also, perfect for those that dont want to stay right downtown with all the young kids. Very mature hotel, we'll go back for sure.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Conscious Hotel Vondelpark? Share your experiences!