“Lovely modern hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conscious Hotel Vondelpark

Save Saved
You added Conscious Hotel Vondelpark to your Saves list
Conscious Hotel Vondelpark
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Overtoom 519-521, 1054 LH Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #77 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam
“Lovely modern hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights for a long weekend. The hotel and room were very clean and decorated in a very hip way but managing to keep a warmth. The staff were friendly and helpful and spoke great English. The bathroom was great, not too small with a lovely shower and the bed very comfortable. My only complaint was that the room wasn't very warm and the bedding not sufficient to keep us warm at night, despite a blanket being provided.
The location was in a nice area with plenty of coffee shops (of both varieties!) bars, shops and the vondelpark nearby. It didn't take long to walk to the centre of Amsterdam but there's also a tram that stops outside the hotel, leaving frequently. That takes about 20 mins to get to the central train station.
I would certainly recommend this hotel, but if you are travelling in winter, make sure you ask for extra blankets, or bring thermal pyjamas!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

530 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

As a woman travelling alone I really appreciated the friendly welcome here. Great value room; the hotel location is not pretty or smart but right next to a tram which is three stops from a train station and four from the city centre. It also very near Amsterdam's lovely Vondelpark and next to a large fitness centre (with a discount for hotel guests). Hot food at breakfast was late on one day, so that I had to push for it before I left at 7.30. Breakfast is perhaps not worth the price if you are on a tight budget. There are other cafes nearby. The 'green credentials' are slightly gimicky but did make me feel better. The decoration of the common areas is slightly scruffy but the rooms are fine. Cold rooms at first to save energy, and it took me time to work out that I just had to turn on the radiator!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Modena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a eco-friendly place, just in Amsterdam heart, spacious rooms, very good internet wifi,good and fresh breakfash. It faced to a tram stop and it is close to a big and well equipped fitness and wellness centre. The room could be cleaner, anyway it's a really nice place to spend some days in Amsterdam. Close to the hotel there are many different restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is supposed to be green, which we really support and why we choosed to stay here. But if green means that their's only coldwarm water, no well-working heating, the window is open at check-in although it's wintertime, breakfast is served out of plastic (e.g. joghurt), fruit juices out of carton instead of fresh juices (which you may expect in a green hotel...) Well in that case: no thanks!
On top of that the rooms are noisy and the staff was really unfriendly, it takes ages before your checked in and especially checked out and as we asked if we can leave the car for 1 more hour (we paid 25 EUR for 1 night which seems a fair price) it was only possible for another 25 EUR although it was around 11 AM and the garage was empty.
Positive: it's absolutely clean, good beds, and neighborhood is quite cool with nice restaurants.
We're really not that demanding and this is actually the first bad rating we have to give on tripadvisor, maybe we were just unlucky, but for us: never again and we recommend to stay at another place in this lovely city!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Conscious_Hotels, Manager at Conscious Hotel Vondelpark, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Pink Sunflower,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us as much as we both would have liked. Although there is nothing I can do now to improve your experience, I would like to take the time to respond to some of the issues you raised in your review.

Let me start with the issue of the yoghurt packaging; To be honest with you, we tried having an actual cow on the breakfast buffet from which our guests tapped their fresh yoghurts, but it kept eating all the bread. Therefore we decided to use the most eco-friendly alternative: organic yoghurt in bio-degradable cartons. Also, all the other food and drinks in the breakfast are organic.

We take your comments about our staff very seriously and as you can probably tell by the other reviews on Tripadvisor, our staff are usually rated quite well. I am happy to inform you that we are revising our check-in and check-out procedures, to see if we can speed up things.

Finally, the combination of opening up windows to freshen up the room and not have the heating turned on at the same time makes perfect eco-sense to me and is even standard operating procedure. However, if in your case the heating did not work after you turned it up, that is something we do take blame for. I am aware that we have had some problems with the heating and therefore I can only apologize and reaffirm to you that these problems were solved in a timely fashion.

I am glad to hear that you did like the hotel and its neighborhood and I wish I could undo the discomforts of your stay. Perhaps if you contact the hotel directly and ask for me, there is something we can do to pursuade you to stay with us again?

Best regards,

Rob van Hemert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Great location for getting around Amaterdam. We walked everywhere (although there is a tram stop directly out front). We hired bikes one day from the hotel which were perfect and cheap (15? a day). We had no street noice, rooms were perfectly comfortable and the shower was the best - huge. Truly great value for money - we loved it.

Hulsberg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently went to Amsterdam for a quick two-day business/fun/seeing friends trip, and happened onto this hotel online. Initially it was the concept (eco-friendly, organic food/drinks) that appealed to me, plus the fact that they have a parking garage at the hotel (extremely important in Amsterdam if you come there by car). It exceeded my expectations. Super friendly staff, really great, REALLY eco-minded rooms and facilities, cozy, inviting lobby area. But if you're envisioning walls made of recycled paper (that look it), you're getting the wrong idea. Take away all the stickers, brochures and information that tell you just how eco-friendly everything is, and you've got a great hotel with spacious, clean and comfortable rooms (with the latest mod-cons). You would never know the countertop in the bathroom was made of pressed paper, or that the shower and tap were low-flow. The price is excellent and the location perfect. Right around the corner from the Vondelpark and thus walking distance to Museumplein, tram stop right out front - you can beat this for location (unless you LIKE to be literally spitting distance from the likes of Leidseplein and the Red Light District). I will definitely go back to this hotel, or perhaps try the one near the Museumplein for a little variety.
Oh, and the WiFi worked perfectly in the room, first time ever for me in a hotel! And it's free!
Thanks again to the great, friendly, funny and very helpful staff!
Allison

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Conscious Hotel Vondelpark? Share your experiences!