“The best B&B in our European tour! Un petit bijou!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of All Inn The Family B&B

You added All Inn The Family B&B to your Saves list
All Inn The Family B&B
Tweede Egelantiersdwarsstraat 10, 1015 SC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #29 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Gatineau, Canada
“The best B&B in our European tour! Un petit bijou!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Alll in the Family was our first B&B on our European tour and our favourite. From the warm welcome to the delicious breakfast and conversations around the table, the charming rooms and the hosts who made us feel like home, we loved everything about it. Even the steep stairs, which are part of Amsterdam's charming old houses.
The B&B is ideally situated in a beautiful street in old Amsterdam with restaurants, canals, boutiques close by.
When we arrived, we were emotionally shaken, having just lost a bag with most of our valuables, including all our train tickets. Anne & Marion greeted us with open arms and helped us immediately by contacting the tram company. Our bag was found the next day and we credit their quick response and we'll be forever grateful for the help and moral support they gave us.
For a great family stay, it's All in the Family! Hope to be back one day. Wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else.
Merci Anne & Marion!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
allinnthefamily, Owner at All Inn The Family B&B, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your nice review and comments on Tripadvisor.
For us it's great to share your comments with people that want to come and visit.

Warm regards, Marion & Anne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I booked 3 nights in "All In the Family" for my daughter and her friend for the end of August.
The owners replied very fast to my email and once we had the booking I asked for a special request. Unfortunately my daughter has celiac disease and can not have anything with gluten. The owners replied back kindly and told me ...that is not a problem they will accommodate my request. My daughter was talking about the b and b and the owners for a long time and how fantastic everything was ! They welcomed them with warmth , helped them with everything -planning, places to see and go - and the breakfasts were very special feasts! Homemade orange juice, yogourt, glutenfree granola and bread etc... (They traveled in four countries and never had such a warm, caring environment and this b and b was the only place that was able to accomodate to the special diet!)
The area was wonderful, probably the nicest in Amsterdam . The Amsterdam stay will always be memorable for my daughter and her friend because of Marion and Anne .
Thank you for your kindness and caring! You two are very special people!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend in July and were overwhelmed with the warmth of our hosts. We were in the top bedroom of this beautiful quaint b&b. The room was really original and looked out on the street, which was quite noisy at night but nothing a set of earplugs didn't resolve. Marion and Anne were really helpful and just lovely people, they had their baby granddaughter staying with them whilst we were there and she charmed us at breakfast with her smiles and giggles. Breakfast was stunning and possibly the best summer berry fruit salad I have ever tasted! We had everything we needed and walked everywhere quite easily. It really felt like being part of Amsterdam culture rather than being yet another British Tourist in a city centre hotel!

Room Tip: If you are worried about noise at night you could try and request one of the back bedrooms which don...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We spent 4 fabulous nights here in a wonderful and charming local style house with all the comforts of home. The owners are very lovely people and interesting to get to know. They were very helpful as newcommers to the city. They made us feel very welcome and at home. Breakfast was a treat.

The location itself is perfect, on a beauiful street in the Jordaan district was quiet and sleepy by day (although situated on the same street as lovely shops and cafes / restaurants which came alive at night although never too loud, just full of fun, life and people enjoying themselves). It is very close to the centre too and well within walking distance of most places you would want to visit.

Dont be put off by the shared bathroom in the main house. Do something different and stay here. You wont be dissapointed.

Matt and Carmen

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
allinnthefamily, Owner at All Inn The Family B&B, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hi Matt and Carmen,

Thank you so much for your very kind words.
really helpful to keep up the good spirits.

warm regards

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed for six nights in this wonderful B&B. To start with, the Jordaan area is wonderfuil, with narrow streets, lots of little cafes and of course those gorgeous canals!

Marion and her husband Anne are warm lovely people. Now that we have moved on to another part of our European trip I am going to miss the fun repartee I had with Anne (he is pro-Apple, I had a Dell with me) as I came down before the scheduled 8am breakfast start time for my early morning coffee fix. His freshly-baked home made bread is more than great and his fruit and berry compote made fresh every morning is also spectacular with organic yoghurt. Add in his cheeses and meats, cereals, selection of crackers and breads and a second cup of coffee.... where else am I going to have a breakfast like that again?

It was really sad to leave, but we had a flight to catch. Thanks Marion and Anne for a really fun time. Deirdre and I will miss you.

Room Tip: The back room on the second floor was great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
allinnthefamily, Owner at All Inn The Family B&B, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Hi Bob and Deirdre,

Thanks for the great review!
And Bob, miss you too, the mornings are different without you.
Love t deidre, enjoy the rest of your trip

san antonio de areco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed for a week at this wonderful B&B. Very beautifully decorated and charming Duch house. in a quiet and excellent. neighborhood of Amsterdam.Breakfast delicious and with a lot of thinks to eat, it is served in a lovely kitchen with garden view.
My room very cosy, with a large window with a beautiful view. It had all the facilities for a tea or coffe to take. Marion and Anne leave every day. It was a very nice detail.
The owners are a separate chapter. very helpful, friendly at all times, warm and excellent people.
They work with their heart.
In this Bed and Breakfast I had an authentic and unforgettable stay.
If you look for a true experience in amsterdam you have to stay here!!!!!
Hope to see you soon.
thank you very much for everything and especially for his beautiful company.
Lucila. from arg.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
allinnthefamily, Owner at All Inn The Family B&B, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Hi Lucila,

Thanks so much for the nice review, we really are happy with it.
Good you had a safe trip home and we hope all is well.

We would love to come to your place some day
and talked about you when you had left.
You are a lovely young woman, with great drive
and a wonderful personality.

Hope to see you with a large family some day,
thanks again, warm regards

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at All Inn the Family for three days following a business trip, and knew I wanted to get away from the big chain hotels and heavily commercial parts of town. Because I was traveling alone, safety and location were important to me. I felt right at home the moment I arrived. The rooms are clean, well proportioned and full of light. I had a single room overlooking the tiny street, with a charming view of cafes and shops (and floor-to-ceiling curtains for privacy). The twin bed was comfortable, linens fresh, and the shared bathroom was clean. Breakfast every morning was a hearty spread, and I really enjoyed getting to know the other guests and hearing suggestions for what to see each day. The location was ideal for getting everywhere on foot or bike or just relaxing in the garden. Anne even fixed breakfast early on my last day because I had a morning flight home, and Marion told me all about their daughters. I didn't miss the Marriott for a second.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
allinnthefamily, Owner at All Inn The Family B&B, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hi Julia,

We forgot to thank you for your lovely review.
It was a great pleasure having you and making you feel at home.

You are always welcome to come back,

warm regards, Marion & Anne

Been to All Inn The Family B&B? Share your experiences!