“Authentic Italian pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #183 of 2,434 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We are located in Amsterdam Oud-West on a short distance walking from Ana Frank House,at the eind of the Rozengracht Between Nassaukade and Bilderdijkstraat.
Dartford, England
“Authentic Italian pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Party of 4 , really well taken care of! Fast service with friendly staff. The decor reminded me somehow of an authentic Italian pizzeria@

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The best Pizza in Amsterdam!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is really the best pizzeria where i have ever eat!
The pizza is so good, with biologically ingredients, little more expensive than normal, but the quality is higher!
Staff really friendly and funny!!

England
“Not all it's cracked up to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

A little overpriced and although the atmosphere is good, the pizzas we had were a little unexciting.

The five cheese pizza sounded great given the cheeses were Mozzarella, blue cheese, ricotta, spicy Auricchio provolone cheese and parmesan. However, the flavours all merged into one and not one cheese stood out meaning the whole thing was a little bland. The pizza was also a white pizza (meaning no tomato sauce) and as such, there was no sweetness of the tomato to set off the cheese.

Our children had margherita pizzas which were fine, but my pizza vedure with aubergine, mushroom and onion also lacked flavour so I ended up using a lot of chilli oil to bring it to life a little.

Service was good and the place is nice enough. Maybe some of the other pizzas are better than the ones we had. We had better meals at other restaurants nearby (the Mexican next door is good)

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Gorgeous organic woodfired pizzas in lively atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I first went to Fuoco Vivo in 2012 and had great memories of the gorgeous pizzas and friendly service. I went back there recently - with an Italian friend - and was glad to see that nothing had changed! Authentic Italian pizzas cooked in a woodfired oven, artisan beer, lively atmosphere (can be quite loud), kind and friendly service and good value for money. It's out of the tourist areas but still only 10 minutes by tram from Central Station. Don't forget to book, this place can get very busy!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great little location, great pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My partner and I went here on our last night in Amsterdam. We were tired of trailing around the city looking for dinner, and was recommended this restaurant from a blog.
It was very close to where we were staying on Da Costastraat.

On entering we were offered to choose where we sat. The place was quite quiet though not dead. We noted that many of the other customers were Dutch, rather than tourists.

The menu was not huge, but had plently of different dishes (pizzas, pastas) to suit most needs. I ordered a margherita and my partner the Peppino. They also have daily specials available.

Both pizzas arrived promptly and, I can say with no hesitation, that it was one of the best pizzas I have ever had! The base and crust was delicious (sour-dough I believe). The tomato sauce was delicious and flavorsome, and the mozarella stringy, tasty and authentic. We both cleared our plates.

The restaurant is both modern, yet traditional. The wood-burning oven is visible and really adds to the feel of the place. The staff were very friendly and attentive.

I would recommend going a bit out of your way to visit here for great, Italian pizza cooked by Italians!

Visited April 2014