“Comfortable and chic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kuwadro Bed & Breakfast

You added Kuwadro Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Kuwadro Bed & Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Warmoesstraat 127, 1012 JA Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #69 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv
“Comfortable and chic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I had a fabulous visit to Amsterdam thanks to Kuwadro. Goran greeted me and was extremely friendly and helpful, helping me get my bearings and making terrific recommendations. The apartment is very well located, steps from Dam Square and right next to an amazing chocolate shop (what could be better?!). The design is sleek and modern yet cozy and comfortable. The bed is big and the mattress good quality. The apartment is cleaned every day and the fridge stocked with delicious breakfast food -- bread, cheese, eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit. And there's a Nespresso machine -- hooray! The bathroom is a good size and the shower quite spacious. The area tends to get a bit noisy in the evening, and it's right by the church, so bells ring regularly, but other than that the atmosphere in the apartment is very peaceful. I would recommend Kuwadro to anyone who wants the comfort of a hotel combined with the intimacy of a private apartment.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

Johnny was brilliant - took time to explain where things were, how to get the restaurants we'd booked and where to go. The apartment itself was amazing..we loved the coffee maker and made great use of it. It is on a pretty busy street so not great for light sleepers, though we didn't have any trouble sleeping.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

A friend and I decided to go to the Dam for a weekend. I found it doing a google search and were lucky to find this place. The owners were beyond hospitable and made us feel so welcomed.

The apartments is so chic and modern. The artwork the lights and the furnishing made me feel like I moved into my dream apt. rather than a hotel.
Several reasons we loved it:
Walking distance to the main station.
Located in area where is a lot going on
Great beds
Hot showers
Kitchen use (coffee machine :0)
Wi FI

Cons:
The walk up the stairs is tough, but I dont think they are the only hotels with this scenario.
Small bathroom

This truly is a hidden gem and when I go back to the Dam I'm staying here no questions asked..I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS PLACE!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

This is perhaps the nicest holiday apartment I have ever stayed in. So beautifully decorated and very spacious, clean and comfortable.

In the middle of central Amsterdam it could not have been more convenient for the things we wanted to do.

Well equipped kitchen, two TVs and a laptop with WiFi, everything we wanted.

The proprietor Johnny gave us a wonderful warm welcome and help wih where to go and what to see in Amsterdam and he and his friend sorted out breakfast very well.

The only downside was lots of stairs but we managed these Ok and we are no spring chickens. Anyway every oyster has to have its grain of sand to produce its pearl.

I can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

I think the other reviews say it all. Kuwadro's really central, so you can get to any of the main attractions/ areas in under 20 minutes. The rooms are great and really modern (I still imagine B&B's as being run by old ladies with chinzy bedspreads.. this is not at all like that).

I was also really pleased that Johny spent half an hour chatting to us when we arrived, recommending good things to see and places to go out. Don't think you'll find a better deal more centrally.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
hong kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

1) Good location - 7 mins walk to central station, 10 mins walk to dam sqaure
2) Good quality - stylish & sizable room, comforatbale bed, very clean room even is share bathroom, privacy & safe, wifi support, you also can cook if you want (full set kitchenware)
3) Good service - very helpful & nice owner, provide map & share some travel tips, flexable arrangement on early check in
4) Good experience to meet people from other country - I met two Norway girls during my stay, I had some drink with them and chatted a lot rergarding on our own traditional culture, very good experience

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Warsaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Kuwadro is absolutely the best place to stay while being in Amsterdam. Not only it is perfectly located (total city center!!), nicely equipped (designer interiors and accessories), but it also has this rare … “something”. Is it the hospitality of the owners or the amazing paintings of one of them – I don’t really know, but I will definitely stay there again if I visit Amsterdam again. Warm greets guys and thanks for your energy! Hope to see you again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Kuwadro Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!