“Steamed Mussels” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Argentinean, South American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Argentine casual fine dining restaurant, specialising in steaks. The most extensive Argentine wine list in Amsterdam. With Private dining and corporate facilities available. Beautiful, newly refurbished building, centrally located.
“Steamed Mussels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stopped in for a light snack in the afternoon. Was excited to see they have a Malbec wine (Argentinian, I shouldn't be surprised!) but the steamed mussels were so good we ordered two! So good I would come back every day but we're leaving tomorrow.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Steak reasonable, on the expensive side ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Cau was recommended to my party of 6 by my hotel concierge. We were lucky to get a table without a reservation considering it was the summer holidays and the world cup season.

The restaurant was amply decorated and the waitress polite and helpful. I tried the Argentinian beef. I asked for medium to well but it was more closer to well done when it came. That was not too much of a problem as the steak was pretty good and tender. The sides were also decent especially the purple lettuce and fries.

For the 6 of us, the bill came up to €160, a little pricey in my opinion for what we got. All in all, it was a good experience. However I'd probably try other restaurants the next time I'm in Amsterdam.

Split
“Nice restaurant in a very touristic area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had dinner at Cau on our second night in Amsterdam...We found it during some social network and since it was in a good walking distance from our hotel, decided to give it a try. The food was very good...We had sirloin and rib-eye steak, both perfectly prepared. However, the blue cheese dip is not so tasty in my opinion so its better to skip it. The only thing is that the service is not so good. Our waitress was just plain and seemed very cold. I'm not expecting them to dance around me, but a simple warm welcome and occasional smile would be enough.
Anyways, at least food was good.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ufa, Russia
“We had an excellent dinner at this restaurant. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We went there seeking for a nice food in the evening. We had steak and salmon grilled. Food was just perfect! The only drawback was the service - the waiters missed the orders, they missed the tables. Our neigbor table had the check before they started to eat. :-)
The kitchen is superb there.

London, United Kingdom
“Was told this was the best steakhouse in Amsterdam but…”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We ate at Cau (located just off Dam Square) and found the steak to be substandard. The service was good and the place was very clean or maybe we just had a bad steak.

Visited July 2014