“Great pizza and beer.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Piazza

Cafe Piazza
Kloveniersburgwal 5 | 1011 JT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Centrum)
+31 20 423 0164
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 3,030 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European, Polish, Eastern European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Original Italian Pizza on thin base, prepared always from fresh ingredients is one of our specialties. We also have a large selection of Italian pastas and East European specials. Everyone will find something delicious. Cafe Piazza is located in one of the most interesting places of Amsterdam, on the Nieuw Markt. It is a place often visited by the inhabitants of Amsterdam, who visit the stalls and antiques fair held Saturday on the central square, as well as tourists who are attracted by the medieval building "De Waag" located in the central part of the square as well as more than 20 cafes and coffieshops surrounding the square. Nieuw Markt is also the place that attracts all the people during the biggest Amsterdam events, such as the "Queen's Day" or "Chinese and European New Year".
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great pizza and beer.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Cozy place. Great food, the pizza is excellent and the service is friendly and quick The owner is a sweetheart and she manages her place with great dedication. I will definitely return and try some of her Polish dishes and beer.

• Visited December 2013

Watford, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Friendly Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The restaurant is great, we were given a great seat in the window which was raised from the street and really nice to relax and watch the world go by. Had starters, pizza, lasagne, and desserts, all of which were brilliant. The staff were really friendly and chatty and we had a great time. I would recommend this place for a nice cosy meal.

• Visited November 2013
Diemen, The Netherlands
“Our old time favorite in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have been a regular visitor of Cafe Piazza. For some reason they are able to capture the best of Europe in a small cafe in the heart of Amsterdam. Recently we find out that also Polish food is served. The amount of dishes vary a little each time we visit them but they are always good. If you feel adventurous give it a try. Other favorites of us are the Polish beer, the tiramisu and the small fishes. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Went twice. Food and Service was excellent. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I arrived in Amsterdam on business and eat here. I asked the waitress for her recommendation between dishes and settles on the Shrimp in pasta. Best sauce I have tasted for years.

There was a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant. The service for the waitress who turns out to be the owner was second to none.

My wife arrive out to join me for the weekend and I brought her here.

The second time was as good as the first. We tried the small gathering of fish. Lovely. My wife had the Greek pizza, the best I have tasted in years. I had ravioli. It was Superb.

We spoke to the owner and now understand that they focus on fresh produce which shows in the quality and taste of what we ate.

I highly recommend this restaurant. It is inexpensive yet produces beautiful tasty food that I have paid a lot more for in the past.

Go there and enjoy !

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great Marathon food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The service was brilliant, food was excellent and the atmosphere was very good, I went on the Saturday night before the marathon and had my pasta fix, then went back again on the Sunday night as it was so good.
There are so many restaurants in Amsterdam it was great to find a little Gem, it was next door to my B&B as well which made it even better.

Mark