“Great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MNQUE Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
MNQUE Bed & Breakfast
Spuistraat 297b, 1012 VS Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Special Price
€128 off room rate
Ranked #104 of 303 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here recently and it was fantastic! Great location, great room (extremely comfy bed) and Monique was great, highly recommend it. This was my fifth time in Amsterdam and I usually stay in hotels, I won't be doing that again, will definitely stay here for future visits.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Monique d, Eigenaar at MNQUE Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you!

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
vancouver bc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The location is great, loved the neighbourhood, but felt the value was not there for the room. Very tight stairs, very little light in the room. Could definitely have used more wattage as we couldn't even read. Would not recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Linda,

Thank you for your review! I am so sorry you did not like my place.

My home has steap stairs indeed, which I know now that I need to inform my new guests about before they book. Furthermore I changed the lights in my home, so everyone can read now.

Warm regards,

Monique
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We are from the U.S. and found MNQUE Bed & Breakfast through Airbnb.com and couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Amsterdam. We stayed in the studio apartment on the second floor and it was just perfect-charming, clean, bright, amazing bed, great location, and a very friendly and helpful host. The stairs going up are a bit steep but after the first climb you get used to it!

Everything you need is provided-TV, free wifi, small bathroom and kitchen area, wardrobe, table, etc. Monique also supplies several Amsterdam guide books and suggestions of her favorite places to visit in the area and beyond. This location is walking distance to all the main sites in Amsterdam and the 1, 2, and 5 trams stop right around the corner, it doesn't get much easier.

Oh, and did I mention the bed? Yes...I did...but I'm going to mention it again. It is a Tempurpedic and it is possibly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on-and my fiancé with back issues agrees!

If we returned to Amsterdam I would stay at Mnque Bed & Breakfast again in a heartbeat and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Monique is the best!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you!
Lnd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Brilliant location to stay in Amsterdam, right in the centre, opposite apparently one on the best pubs in town. Room was very clean, spacious (had a room on the first floor), big bed! There was a lot of information on what to see etc. the only thing that was missing was a hair dryier which was supposed to be there. Would ba handy on cold day in Dec. there is a lot of breakfast places around so don't go for a b&b, go and explore the town.
Staircase is VERY steep, so large suitcase not recommended;)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

my fiancee and I were here at mnuqe for the first time (its not the first time in amsterdam tho), monique was very nice and friendly and showed us the room with patient even tho we arrived late at night.
the room was on the 2th floor, and its hard to carry our suitcase but its only for one time the stairs is not that big deal without the suitcases. our room was just perfect! dreamy bad, espresso machine, fridge, and a full equipped kitchen!! the bathroom was large and all the room was very modern and stylish....
WERE can you find all this in a hotel??? you just CAN'T! its just feel like you have your own apartment in amsterdam because monique has her own apartment on the top floor, she was there for us only when we needed her, and the rest of the time she gave us our privacy like a nice neighbor.
we love amsterdam and we surly come back and visit monique!!!

thank you monique for a lovely stay.
erez jerom and adi
5.10.2011

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My fiancee and I just spent a holiday weekend in Amsterdam and booked a room at Monique's B&B through AirBnb. It was our first time using AirBnb but Monique was very communicative over email after we booked with her, answered all of our questions and made herself very available the first day we were there to make sure we got settled nicely. She had guidebooks of the city, a couple of the good local attraction pamphlets (check out the boat tour, great start to a trip and only about an hour, do it at dusk.)

Her flat is dead in the middle of where you want to be, without being on Dam Square with all the hustle and tourists. It's also across the street from what we thought was the best coffeeshop in Amsterdam, Tweede Kamer. Around the corner was an awesome Indonesian noodle place that was quick and delicious for refueling meals during partying/touristing.

Monique had two sets of keys (which was great) and the bed was definitely a Tempur-pedic which I had never slept on before and was supremely comfortable. I'm looking forward to booking with Monique again in the spring/summer as its my new favorite city (knocking out Reykjavic).

Room Tip: There are two rooms it would seem, both are set up the same way and are very modern with old world c...