“Quirky boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Sydney
“Quirky boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last-minute for 1 night earlier this month.
The B&B is in a great location, just a short walk from the train station.
The decor is quirky, different and great...we had a lovely spa in our room, and even though you're in the red light district, we had a wonderful quite sleep.
Breakfast wasn't huge, but was all we needed, and the wifi access was also great.
I'd definitely recommend Mauro Mansion to family and friends, and would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Pictou County, Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

A short walk from the station, and well situated for us, we loved Mauro Mansion. we stayed 4 nights in a very comfortable and clean room which offered welcome wine and beers in the mini-bar (gratis). The owners were very helpful, suggesting places for dinner and just chatting. Breakfast was truly excellent revolving around meats, cheeses and wonderful breads. In addition, each morning, we were presented with a freshly made offering such as a Dutch pancake or fresh fruit.
Mauro Mansion set the tone for our awesome experience in the city. Even the jail cell in our room so added to the ambience. I don't think we have anything like that in Nova Scotia! (Thank you, guys for everything)

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Had a 2 night stay in December, cant speak highly enough about Mauro Mansion, fantastic location, great rooms & breakfast, honesty bar, & not forgetting the hospitality of Berry & Marcel, roll on next December.

• Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Loved the design of the hotel. A few minutes walk from central station in the red light district. We had a quiet court yard room. A great breakfast. Would stay again. Very easy walking distance to all areas of central Amsterdam, easy access to trams, boat tours, bus tours. There are so many great restaurants in the area it is hard to choose where to go. The staff was very welcoming and helpful.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've been meaning to write this review for some time. My wife and I stayed here while on our honeymoon in 2011. I had been to Amsterdam before and knew the area. The mansion was as convenient as I had expected, walking from the train station. My wife didnt have a problem with the walk, even while dragging her bags.

First, Barry and Marcel are awesome. We were welcomed warmly when arriving.

The room was large and comfortable. A bottle of bubbly was waiting for us when we got there! The glasses had strawberries in them too! What a way to start our stay!

Needless to say, we didn't spend a lot of time in the room, as we were out sightseeing, etc. But all of our interatction with staff, etc. was superb.

So, a few months after we got back from our honeymoon (Paris, Brussels also included) my wife and I found a kitten at the animal shelter. My wife loved the little guy because he had a patch of different colored fur on his side that was shaped like a heart. Sounds cheesy,, I know, but real. Anyway, with no debate between the two of us, the cats name is "Mauro."

Thanks for an unforgettable stay!

Room Tip: Canal side ground floor rooms - dont worry about sound. We never had a problem.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Based largely on previous reviews of Mauro Mansion on tripadvisor, I stayed here for my last two nights in Amsterdam (after having stayed earlier at another very highly recommended B&B that had no space for me those two nights). The owner-operators of Mauro Mansion have a wonderful sense of style, very nicely expressed in the color scheme in the room (judging only from the treatment in my own room on the first floor). It is a modern scheme very nicely carried through, so you almost feel you are staying in a work of modern art, and that is despite the fact that this is an historic building on which construction began (so they say) in 1550. The room was very comfortable, but I was happy that the owner-operators carried my baggage up the stairs for me, since to get to the upper floors you need to make your way up a steep spiral staircase (no elevator). The television, wi-fi access, and in-room mini-refrigerator with stemmed glasses and small bottles of proseco were very nice touches. Moreover, there is an "honesty bar" with various refreshments for sale at reasonable prices on an honor system. The also have a huge number of DVDs which can be played on your in-room television. Among all the superlatives, perhaps the best is the location, which is thoroughly excellent. It is just a couple of minutes walk from Central Station for trains or tram lines or canal cruises, an easy walk to the Nieuw Markt area with its many restaurants with sidewalk seating (although some may be bothered that that walk takes you through an edge of the red light district -- perfectly safe). Moreover, the breakfast is very nice indeed. I stayed in a canal-side room and quite enjoyed being able to sit at the table and watch the passing boats on the canal.

Room Tip: Well, the canal-side room I had on the first floor above ground floor was delightful for its view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

You are made to feel welcome the moment you step inside, you feel like a guest staying at a friend or relatives house, it's warm and welcoming nothing is too much trouble for the hosts. The welcome drinks and honesty bar are a great touch as is the free wi-fi, the rooms are clean the breakfasts are great, the location is fantastic everything is within walking distance. Could not fault a thing and by far my favorite hotel on my European trip.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mauro Mansion? Share your experiences!