“Loved Mauro Mansion!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mauro Mansion

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mauro Mansion
Geldersekade 16, Amsterdam 1012 BH, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #4 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
New Jersey
“Loved Mauro Mansion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

The reviews are definitely right and I am sooo glad that we went with Tripadvisor. Like others have mentioned, this is definitely more than a B&B. It feels like your home away from home. Our hosts Berry & Marcel were wonderful. When you first walk into the place, it reminded us of a trendy Brooklyn/NY type of a loft place. They have impeccable taste in designing this place. Our room had the antique barber chair in it and it faced the canal, what more can one ask for? Bed was super comfortable (which is a plus).

They also have a lobby/living room area where you can get your daily breakfast (which was absolutely fresh and delicious) and sip on your cappuccino. They also offer dvd's/cd's in the lobby as well as books/travel brochures, etc. Location is superb because it is a 3 minute walk from the main train station (Central) where you most likely would get off and also is a major tram stop. And it is located right in the heart of it all but the street that it is on is nice and quiet for when you have to relax.

We cannot wait to come back! Highly Highly recommend. Thank you Berry & Marcel!

539 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Hannover, Deutschland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I had a great stay in Amsterdam in Mauros Mansion, so it's the first time I feel the need to write somthing about the hotel. Lovely, friendly persons, very clean rooms and really good service. Every morning something special for breakfast, good coffee for different tasts. Different drinks in the room for free, also there was the posibility of boiling water and have coffee and tee in the room. If I ever go to Amsterdam again, I know where to stay. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll never forget those days at Mauros Mansion......................................................................................................................................

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Located in a Canal House a few blocks from Central Station this small establishment is more of a B&B than a hotel. The owners are very gracious and helpful. The rooms are large and comfortable. Since we visited in the winter, the heated towel rack and heated bathroom floor tiles were much appreciated.

Location is great.

If you prefer a big hotel experience this is probably not the place for you, but if you want something small and welcoming, you will like Mauro Mansion.

Detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Mauro Mansion for 2 nights. Both of us loved this place. We did not have a canal facing room. I think we had one of the smaller rooms compared to others and I thought our room was big, spacious and clean. The bathroom is huge with heated tile floor and jet tub. The bed was comfortable. We loved our room, felt at home and got the best nights sleep. Everything seems new, crisp and clean.

Having never been to Amsterdam, I was a little worried about the location being so close to the train station and the Red light disctrict. Let me reassure you. The location is perfectly fine. We walked, with luggage to MM from the train station without any problems.

There is free wi-fi, movies to watch in your room, and a community computer in the lobby. Breakfast is great. Wonderful breads and spreads. Sliced meats, cheeses, yogurts and fruit. The tea and coffee is even fabulous. I felt like they used high quality foods and beverages. I even like the music they played during breakfast.

The owners are wonderful. I can't say enough about MM. I would stay here again and recommend this place to everyone.

As a sidenote. Steven's a bar/cafe down the street had to-die for sandwhiches. Perfect place for lunch and a beer.

Flanders
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I just spent 3 nights in Mauro Mansion in Amsterdam with my wife and we were very pleasantly surprised. Perfectly located in the city centre (very close to the Central rail station), it is a welcome change from the big hotel chains that all look the same. Here, your really feel like your on a special trip. it makes you want to stay longer (or come back soon)!

Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

This hotel had very high ratings. We stayed one night in the bricks room. It was better than expected. Fantastic hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Enschede, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I never typically take the time to write reviews, but my stay at the Mauro Mansion was probably one of my best hotel experiences. We spent roughly 2 weeks here, with a portion used as our "base station" when we traveled to a few other cities. I have to say hotels in Paris and in Rome didn't match everything that we got here. It's just done right. The little details are taken care of and thought about. It's how a hotel should be, but somehow people forgot or it got lost with the larger chains. If you're looking for a loud party zone, or stuffy 5 star atmosphere this isn't the place, but if you cherish just the right amount of extravagance mixed with comfort and amazing hosts this is the spot. No really.

• Stayed February 2011

Been to Mauro Mansion? Share your experiences!