“THE BEST!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mauro Mansion

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mauro Mansion
Ranked #3 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Detroit
“THE BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Mauro Mansion for 2 nights. Both of us loved this place. We did not have a canal facing room. I think we had one of the smaller rooms compared to others and I thought our room was big, spacious and clean. The bathroom is huge with heated tile floor and jet tub. The bed was comfortable. We loved our room, felt at home and got the best nights sleep. Everything seems new, crisp and clean.

Having never been to Amsterdam, I was a little worried about the location being so close to the train station and the Red light disctrict. Let me reassure you. The location is perfectly fine. We walked, with luggage to MM from the train station without any problems.

There is free wi-fi, movies to watch in your room, and a community computer in the lobby. Breakfast is great. Wonderful breads and spreads. Sliced meats, cheeses, yogurts and fruit. The tea and coffee is even fabulous. I felt like they used high quality foods and beverages. I even like the music they played during breakfast.

The owners are wonderful. I can't say enough about MM. I would stay here again and recommend this place to everyone.

As a sidenote. Steven's a bar/cafe down the street had to-die for sandwhiches. Perfect place for lunch and a beer.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Flanders
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I just spent 3 nights in Mauro Mansion in Amsterdam with my wife and we were very pleasantly surprised. Perfectly located in the city centre (very close to the Central rail station), it is a welcome change from the big hotel chains that all look the same. Here, your really feel like your on a special trip. it makes you want to stay longer (or come back soon)!

Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

This hotel had very high ratings. We stayed one night in the bricks room. It was better than expected. Fantastic hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Enschede, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I never typically take the time to write reviews, but my stay at the Mauro Mansion was probably one of my best hotel experiences. We spent roughly 2 weeks here, with a portion used as our "base station" when we traveled to a few other cities. I have to say hotels in Paris and in Rome didn't match everything that we got here. It's just done right. The little details are taken care of and thought about. It's how a hotel should be, but somehow people forgot or it got lost with the larger chains. If you're looking for a loud party zone, or stuffy 5 star atmosphere this isn't the place, but if you cherish just the right amount of extravagance mixed with comfort and amazing hosts this is the spot. No really.

• Stayed February 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We just got back from Mauro Mansion. Being a regular visitor to Amsterdam over the years I was excited to see the Tripadvisor reviews on this place and it certainly lived up to expectations.

Berry and Marcel were lovely hosts, we both loved the fact the service was always there, but was very unobtrusive. Our room was on the first floor with a view onto the canal. it was spacious, comfortable and, for a street facing room, pretty quiet. The bed was comfortable and we slept well for our 3 nights there. Our only niggle was the mosquito net over the bed - it was impossible to tie back fully and kept falling onto us when we were chilling out watching TV. But that's it - the only niggle - hardly major.

It's location not far from the train station means there is a little noise from the trains, but not enough to disturb. The location is spot on - just a short stroll from the madness of Dam Square and the red light district, but not close enough to feel engulfed by it. It's also easy walking distance to the Jordaan and Niewmarkt areas.

Breakfasts were good (those little pancakes were delightful), and there is free coffee from the machine whenever you want, as well as a kettle and (stocked) fridge in the room. It's not a place for small children - lots of steep stairs/breakable objects, but for couples or families with older children, it's ideal.

We'll certainly be back when we go back to Amsterdam.

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I booked this Hotel as a special stay for my Fiancee's 40th as we wanted somewhere small and intimate but with style. I could not have got it more right! Both Berry and Marcel are the perfect hosts and did everything to make our stay very special. On arrival there were beautiful flowers in the room and a complimentary bottle on bubbly in the fridge to set the mood perfectly. We could not fault the room which was on the ground floor overlooking the canal. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom a good size with underfoor heating and a seprate shower and bath - perfect! The breakfast was held in the back room which still had the original beams from the 16th century and was tastefully decorated with vintage tables and chairs. The food was always good quality with fresh meat's and cheese's with bread so fresh that they were still warm when you cut them. With excellent Tea and Coffee as well what more could you ask for. Mauro Mansion runs an "Honesty Bar" which is a great idea as they do not charge stupid money for the beer, wine and snacks that other Hotels do and with your mini bar in the room being complimentory for the initial stock in there this made for a cheap way to have a few drinks before you went out. I could go on forever about how good this hotel is but I will let you find out for yourselves. Do not stay anywhere else in Amsterdam unless you crave for the multi-national chain hotel with cardboard service! Simply the best!
Shelly and Sean

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

This is a wonderful hotel/bed n breakfast type place. Very secure and convenient to "old Amsterdam". Wonderfully large rooms & bathrooms by European standards (and American too). Great breakfast in the morning to start your day of exploring off correctly!
I'd stay here again and again every time I came back to Amsterdam...without question.
Owners/staff very accommadating with ALL requests.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mauro Mansion? Share your experiences!