“Absolutely Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #300 of 2,287 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: In the heart of the Amsterdam neighborhood known as 'De Jordaan', there is a street popularly known as 'Little Italy'. This street owes its nickname to the relatively large amount of high standard Italian restaurants in the area. Only one of these makes pizzas: La Perla.We've built a large wood fueled brick oven, which is essential to baking a great pizza. You can take away our pizzas, or - when in the Jordaan, do as the Jordanezen do - eat in the pizzeria, have an espresso or a dessert and enjoy the lively in- and outdoor scene.
USA
“Absolutely Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I can't begin to describe how delicious the pizza I had was. I was on holiday in Amsterdam for a long weekend, and while I had recommendations for a few places, I went against my better judgement and decided to get a take-away pizza from here and ate it back in my hotel room. I'm a petite lady, so I didn't expect to eat the whole pizza. I thought I might have leftovers for the next day...

I ordered the fresh sausage & mozzarella pizza. And boy, was it fresh! The cheese was oh, so light. The sausage was tender as could be. I thought I was in heaven with every bite I took. But all of a sudden I was out of pizza. Must not be heaven, after all. Back to reality. I was definitely satisfied with my choice.

I'm not one to go to the same food establishment multiple times while on holiday. I like to get a full experience and taste everything I can in a given location. So, it's quite surprising that I went back the next night for a repeat. This time I ordered the prosciutto pizza. It, too, was amazing. I'd had a late lunch, and once again I thought I would have leftovers. I wasn't all that hungry. I saw the gentleman next to me at the bar had ordered the same pizza. I really thought "that looks like far too much food for me!" Lo and behold, my pizza came, and I ate all of it with the exception of two small pieces of crust.

My first experience with take-away was pleasant. The girl behind the counter was very nice. As it was a Saturday night, the place was crawling with people. The side of the restaurant with the pizza oven is quite small, but it has some standing and a little sitting room. However, I waited across the street on a bench in front of the other half of La Perla (which is really the restaurant side where one can sit for a proper meal). I'd say my wait was a little long, but there were so many people placing orders, that I'm not sure how they kept cranking out more pizzas.

My second experience was the next night (Sunday). There were far fewer people out to eat, altho I still saw a few folks walking away from the area with "La Perla" take-away boxes. This time I decided to eat in the restaurant side. I was seated at the bar. The bartender was quite nice, my food arrived pretty quickly, and it was, of course, fantastic.

I've had a lot of pizza in my life to include elite locations like NYC and Naples, Italy. This was better than any that I've had before.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Los Lunas, New Mexico
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Had a great pizza. The staff were friendly and efficient. It felt like being in someone's home. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

This place is so great. First, the pizza is so tasty and fresh. Second, you can sit down at the cafe across the street, or you can stand next to the wood stove and eat your pizza "on the go".
The location is perfect as there are a ton of cafes to grab drinks at after, if you choose to eat and run.
Worth a visit....or two...

Visited October 2013
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Great pizza and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is a cosy and small pizzeria in the middle of Jordan. The Pizza is awesome but be ready to wait as is always full. Grap a chair in the big table of the back and wait till is ready. Great service and value for your money

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Little Italy in Jordaan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We walked past this Italian restaurant several times while traveling to dinner on other nights and it was always busy. Their specialty is woodfired pizza so if you don't like pizza, don't bother. We were phoneless, so we came at 6:00 and we were lucky to get a table. The owner/chef brings in buffalo mozarella twice weekly directly from Italy and most of the pizzas have this as part of the cheese. I had the proscuitto and arugula pizzawhich was delicious. The tiramisu dessert was also quite good. For a good meal that is reasonably priced in the heart of the Jordaan, don't overlook La Perla

• Visited November 2013