“Great value, Good Location!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save 25%, Book in Advance
Ranked #115 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great value, Good Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

After booking this hotel through the secret hotel deals on lastminute, I was slightly anxious about what we might find upon arriving at this hotel. However, I was very impressed!

At first, we were slightly worried about how long it took to get from the central station to the hotel by tram (about 25 mins), however after finding that we could cycle into town in 15 minutes (with bikes hired from the hotel at a very reasonable rate!), we soon decided that after spending the day & night in the busy city centre it was perfect to stay slightly further out for the peace & quiet provided at Wyndham!

The room was exactly what you'd expect from a business/ 4* hotel, but with an amazing canal view! We woke up every morning to people kayaking past our window, which just instantly puts you in a good mood! Only downside is that there were no tea/ coffee making facilities- which I think is pretty bad for a 4* hotel...

The staff were absolutely lovely, they went above and beyond to help & were really friendly. I'd especially like to thank Leanne who was incredibly cheery & smiley!

They also provide an airport shuttle for €7 per person which was pretty reasonable- the driver again, was lovely & very charming.

Overall I would happily stay here again & would recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Something I have never seen before and would never accept. I would have said to the reception desk asking for this: Sorry, I think I am in the wrong hotel and would leave directly for the nearest holet which is Amsterdam Hilton. It looks a bit like IBIS where they ask credit card details if you want to use the phone.

The fine print of Hotel Wyndham Apollo in Amsterdam:

Please note that a deposit of EUR 50 is asked upon check-in for the minibar. If guests do not want to use the minibar, it will be emptied.

Please note that a security deposit of EUR 50 per night up until a maximum of EUR 150 is obligatory upon check-in. This amount will be refunded upon check-out provided that no damages are made.

Airport shuttle is subject to availability and cannot be booked beforehand.

Enough reasons not to book this hotel!

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Pretty mundane business hotel. Room - ok...but nothing to write home about.
Location - best I could get; but not perfect.
Price...high - but what do I expect at Oil & Gas Conf. time...?!
Not one I'd be seeking out again...

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A very conveniently located hotel....silent and peaceful surroundings....easy access to tram and cabs....good, clean rooms....specially those facing the canal....overall very good property

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was a bit with mixed feelings to go to the hotel as the reviews vary a lot. we booked the hotel for a weekend for s girls weekend and luckily even got an upgrade from a standard to an Executive room. It was clean, newly renovated and just a little walk away from the tram that takes you in 15 min to the city. The breakfast was delicious and the staff very friendly and helpful. I can not say anything negative. Thank you!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We booked this hotel as it was close the the RAI and the website made it look wonderful. The Hotels lobby, reception and bar were stunning with a lovely view over the river...however...the rooms we terrible. I had booked a double standard room (but given two singles) and my colleagues were given standard double rooms. The rooms were so dates. The wallpaper was tatty, ripped, marked and dingy. The furniture was very dated.
Because I booked a double room, I pushed the single beds together...and wished I hadn't. The floor underneath was almost white with dust.
The cupboards and draws were so dated, mismatched and dented/chipped.
The bathroom was dirty, the show fixed head didn't work so they had a shower hose wrapped around the taps...which meant to have a shower you needed hold it above your head the entire time.
It was awful.
Either upgrade to the executive suite or find a hotel elsewhere.

Room Tip: Either upgrade to the executive suite or find a hotel elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I don't travel that much to Amsterdam but as I was running the marathon in Amsterdam I was looking for a hotel in walking distance from the start and finish area of the marathon. I found the Wyndham Apollo and booked a 3 nights stay.
As a hotel it is an average standard, not bad, not excellent but with a decent a little old design (read; very 80's). Just coming from a week staying at SPG hotels in Germany, I have to admit that I felt less welcome. This both at the reception and in the bar/restaurant. There was always a long wait no matter if you wanted to order a taxi, get something or pay in the bar and couldn't help feeling that I wasn't relly that welcome in the hotel. I spoke with other guests that had the same experience. The Wyndham Apollo also had the slowest lifts (and smallest) I have seen in a very long time. All in all I had an okay stay but I would definitely check other options next time I go to Amsterdam. The price compared to quality was not meeting my expectations.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Been to Wyndham Apollo? Share your experiences!