“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #108 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

My friend and I stayed from Friday evening till Sunday afternoon,we was greeted by a very nice gentleman called Hamid at the reception desk and in the morning Moumni was on hand to offer ideas where to go and what to do. We had a wonderful stay at this hotel our room was beautiful, clean and tidy we had a good view from the 6th floor where we sat on the balcony and took in the sunshine. It is a very quiet neighbourhood with pleasant people.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ApolloAmsterdam, General Manager at Wyndham Apollo, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for granting us the maximum score. That's a very generous gesture!

Your kind words about the hotel itself, Hamid and Moumni are really appreciated. I will make sure they will be informed about your positive comments.

It is nice to hear the hotel met up all your expectations and that you had a great stay in Amsterdam!

I hope to welcome you back soon when you are visiting the city of Amsterdam!

Imre Heijboer – General Manager
Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Been at the bar for 15min now! The young lady who is serving finally deemed me worthy of her attention; this after serving everyone else before me. Most of them did arrive later than me. Shouldn't happen at this price range; certainly.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Bananaspijamas,

Thank you for leaving your comments on Tripadvisor.

I'm distressed to learn of your dissatisfaction as we strive to fulfill and meet the needs of all our guests. I would like to offer my sincere apologies as I do agree that this should not have happened.

I will certainly take this up with the responsible restaurant manager.

Once more, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Horsham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights last week.
It was clean tidy and a lovey view over the canal where you can sit out side and eat and drink.
The rooms were clean and tidy. The hotel is not that large so you get good service from all the staff. 15 Euros and 10 minutes taxi to the city centre. 5 minutes walk to the Rai.
I will stay her again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Martgr10,

Thank you so much for your nice review.

I'm delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations.

It is nice to read that you had the chance to enjoy our lovely terrace which offers a beautiful view over the canals.

I hope to welcome you back soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Our stay started well and carried on in the same vein! We were given a (free) upgrade to a suite with a huge bed, to accommodate my very tall boyfriend(!), when it became apparent there were no more twin rooms available. Special view of the canals, plenty of room, clean and fresh smelling; for a coffee-phile delighted to have a Senseo coffee machine in the room, shame the water vessel was slightly broken and there was no fresh milk, just powdered, but I forgive them!
Great staff, cheerful and helpful, and super location if you are lucky enough to have a room with a canal view. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: If you can, go for a room with a canal view, worth it
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Daniela W,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us. I'm delighted to read your positive comments on Tripadvisor.

Also, I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers!
I sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Nipomo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 5 days. Our room overlooked the canal and was very roomy. Three of us stayed in the room and we were comfortable. It was very quiet and peaceful. The reception area was very friendly especially Elina, who was very friendly and helpful.She has become my email adopted daughter and I have invited her to visit us in Pismo Beach, CA in the future The sea food in the restaurant was superb. We ate there everyday and ordered mussels, oysters and sashimi which were always fresh. I would have given the hotel a 5 star except they accidentally charged us a daily breakfast for 5 days which we tried to correct on our checkout. I had to report it to AMEX and they refunded us the cost of the 4 breakfasts we did not have. Otherwise, a great hotel to stay while in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the canal is wonderful. The restaurant looks over the canal too and has outside se...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear MariaRose,

I will make sure to pass on the compliments to Eline.

It is unfortunate to hear that your credit card was accidentally charged for something that should have been solved during check out. I hope now everything has been taken care of.

Once again thank you for your review and we absolutely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again. We will do our utmost to make your stay memorable in a positive manner.

Grand Prairie, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Lobby and restaurant nice. The best rooms overlook a canal area; the others overlook the parking lot with a small landscaped area, and a recreation center that stays open late. The rooms are much smaller in Amsterdam so don't expect the same type of big room the USA have but the room was clean and very quiet. The room in the middle of the hotel on the 3rd floor overlooked the entrance of the hotel and parking area with the small landscaped area but heard no cars. Met a travel tour group there for a 2 night stay; breakfast was included. The breakfast had a variety of things to choose from, no complaints since it was free. Hotel located close to a Shell convenience store that sold soft drinks/sandwiches and snacks about 4 blocks from a variety of restaurants including a Subway sandwich shop that took a credit card which was a plus. Make sure you have plenty of Euro's, ATM's are hard to find and very few restaurants will take a major credit card. All of the staff were nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking canal area have a good view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear BettyGeorge,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam.

I am happy to hear that overall the hotel did meet up your expectations and that you enjoyed your overall stay.

The tram stop to go to the city centre is 5 minutes away from the hotel. By tram, it is a 15 minute ride to get to the city centre.

Thank you for complimenting our staff!
I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back upon a future visit to Amsterdam!

Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam

Been to Wyndham Apollo? Share your experiences!