“I had a very pleasant stay , friendly service at the...” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Save 25%, Book in Advance
Ranked #112 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Chesterfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Just spent 3 nights here whilst working at the RAI for the ISE Exhibition. I stayed in a Standard room which was fine. It was clean and tidy and the decor wasn't too bad either. My only grip about the room was that it didn't pick up Wifi which was a bit of a pain because I needed it for work and I had to keep going into the lobby to send and receive emails. Had the wifi worked I would have given 5 stars without a doubt.

I ate in the restaurant every night and the food was spectacular for the price. The service was top notch, I would definitely recommend the wine pairing, it was brilliant. Very well priced it was too.

Every member of staff I had contact with were helpful and extremely polite, this makes such a difference to the travelling guest I believe and I have nothing but praise for everyone at the Wyndham.

For me, the location of the hotel was perfect, just a ten minute walk in the morning to the RAI which was just what I wanted. If you were visiting Amsterdam to see the sights then there are closer hotels to the city but I just jumped in a cab and paid around Eur 20. I walked back which took about 40 mins but it was a very pleasant walk.

I will definitely use the hotel again but would have to insist on a room that has sight of the wifi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ApolloAmsterdam, General Manager at Wyndham Apollo, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear sir/madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us about your stay in our hotel.

The fact that your write positively about each department, especially the F&B outlets, made me and the entire team smile. Serving with a smile and always willing to help are points of attention where we are always striving for.
The point of attention about the wireless internet has been discussed with our technical department and is progress to improve. I am so sorry that you had a bad connection during your business stay.

I hope that we may welcome you soon in the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, maybe next time for more leisure time?!

Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel is in a quiet, nice neighborhood. We had a spacious room with a big window overlooking the canal. Furniture are a bit old and shabby. It is app.10 mins walk from the Rijksmuseum. Close to tram and bus stops. It is ideal if you wish to explore the city and would like to have a good night sleep a bit further from the city centre.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sir/madam,

In really enjoyed reading the part that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. Being located right outside the busy city centre and in the calm South area is a nice combination. The busy city centre can easily be reached by public transport, only 15 minutes to Dam Square.
I am happy to inform you that we recently (January 2014) finished our renovation. The last couple of weeks we renovated the entire room, due to this the room has all facilities in a perfect setting. To have a nice renovated room an Executive Room with city view or canal view is highly recommended.

I hope that we may welcome you soon in the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam!

Roosdaal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This Hotel is being refurbished and I stayed in a new room and it is my new place to stay for Amsterdam accommodation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dear mister,

Thank you very much for leaving your nice comments on tripadvisor! A five star review is a big compliment for all my colleagues.

Also the fact that you recommend the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam and that this will be your new home base in Amsterdam can’t give a better feeling of success.

We hope that you will be visiting the hotel in a not to long distance

General Manager - Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam

Been to Wyndham Apollo? Share your experiences!