“value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Floris France Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added Floris France Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Floris France Hotel Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oudezijds Kolk 11, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #286 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Tallinn, Estonia
“value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Having stayed at this hotel before I knew what to expect, therefore I booked a Canal view room, and it was worth it, the room is bigger than the other rooms and you actually see something out of the window besides a brick wall. True the hotel desperately needs some refurbishment, everything is quite old and worn down, but then again the location is superb and the next door irish pub "Molly Malone " is just great, the breakfast is sufficient so are the meals they serve during the day.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: book a canal view room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

449 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night while on a business visit, if I was with my wife we would have gone to another hotel and ask for a refund. The room was filthy including the sheets and in very bad repair with the curtains falling down and water stains on the ceiling. The worse thing is as there were bed bugs. I only spotted them in the morning otherwise I would not have stayed the night. The breakfast was very poor. When I complained to reception about the bed bugs all they said was that it was terrible. The only good thing was the canal view.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

A return visit to this hotel which is reasonably priced and in an excellent location. when booking a room pay the extra for a canal view. The location is why this hotel should be considered, Near the railway station, major tram lines and easy walking distance to the main shopping area and landmarks. The room was average, yes it was not sparking clean and could have done with a make over, but it is what it is. The pub next door Molly Malones serves good breakfast on behalf of the hotel. Use this hotel if having a short city break.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Blackpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife and I arrived at this hotel around 12:00 hours on the 16th of April 2014.
The receptionist was fine, but not totally enthusiastic, a bit 'matter of fact'. "I'm only doing a job and I'm not really that bothered".
We were given the keys to our room, number 307, We went to the lift and went up to the third floor. The cleaners were cleaning the rooms on both sides of the corridor. We past some rooms on our right hand side and they looked poor. I hoped our room would be better. The ones on the left hand side, overlooking the canal, looked much better. Alas, our room was situated at the rear of the 'hotel', on the right hand side. On opening the room door we found there was only one window, at the very top of the room, allowing light. Disappointed as we were, my wife started to examine every aspect of the room. There was another window, obscured by the an old wardrobe, with curtains that were hanging off the rail. The pillow case was taken off and my wife was horrified at the actual pillow which was very stained. She was not going to sleep on that pillow. I was dispatched to get some new pillows, and the new receptionist was a bit more helpful and we were given two new ones.
On leaving the hotel on our first trip out, waiting for the lift, we noticed the dust, beside the lift was at least a quarter of an inch deep. The cleaner obviously vacuums where the machine fits. The door to the ensuite toilet has an air vent at the bottom. It has never been cleaned. ( I have never been compelled to do a review before, so I hope there is a way of inserting photos) The manager, if there is one, the cleaner, and the people involved in this hotel, without too much persuasion, could, make this the three star hotel it is supposed to be. We were totally disappointed, although, after reading the other reviews there are some good points, mainly the location, and a decent breakfast being served in the Irish bar (Molly Malones) next door.

There is much more (negative) things I could say, but please (hopefully) just look at the photos.

JIB

Room Tip: Inist on a room overlooking the canal
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Im not your typical brit that moans and says this and that, i read the reviews and thought ill make my own decision, first impression its run down but in the heart of the red light district next to a gay bar.

room was ok was a bit clean the bed sheets were stained.

we were woken up to scurrying in the middle of the night to find a mouse trying to get in my suitcase, after my mother screaming and me having to go down stairs to report it the receptionist moved us rooms but didn't care.

Ive stayed in 2 stars 1 stars hostels, gone camping and NOTHING has ever given me that experience pure filthy AVOID at all costs!

If i could give it a zero mark it would get a zero.

the only positive was the irish bar attached.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The hotel very basic..breakfast next door in the irish bar was typical english apart from no sausage.the location was perfect for anyone wanting the full amsterdam experience. The red light district 3 minute walk and dam square about 10mins. All the museums are right at your door step prity much. I recommend visiting artis zoo brilliant 20minute walk ask for directions the dutch people very friendly and always willing to help. As u arrive in airport I would recommend getting train to Amsterdam.the train station is under the airport. its only 4 euro and hotel 2mins walk from train station. Me and husband had a fantastic time. Watch out for anyone trying to give u a lift in a taxi its expensive about 60 euros. Unfortunately this happened to us. P.s Amsterdam is very very expensive for everything

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Constanta, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in august 2013 for 2 nights. Great hotel, perfect view – canal view.. And very nice breakfast – at the canal. It’s situated near the Central Station, so it’s very easy to find and close to most of the tourist attractions. All in all, if I will visit Amsterdam ever again, I will choose to be accommodated here one more time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Floris France Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!