“First trip to Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel CC

Save Saved
You added Hotel CC to your Saves list
Hotel CC
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Warmoesstraat 42, 1012 JE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #123 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“First trip to Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I chose this hotel to stay in on my first ever visit to Amsterdam with my partner (4 nights in February) and was very pleased with it. To start with, the staff were very professional and friendly and took time helping us with directions to various places around Amsterdam. Our room was on the bottom floor & we had a fantastic view across the canal, really decent sized CLEAN room (decent sized bed) and bathroom with a massive shower. The location of the hotel was great, so much to see and do and not far to walk either. Train station and tram stops just a short walk & as soon as you step out of the hotel your surrounded by restaurants, cafe's and shops it was perfect for a first visit to Amsterdam. Really got to soak up the atmosphere. I really recommend this hotel and will be staying again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

616 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We chose the hotel because of its excellent location, close to the station and in the middle of the RLD. The price was very competitive with other hotels nearby, so chose to spend 3 nights, paying in full around 2 months prior to our trip. On arrival, we were met with a rude and extremely unhelpful member of staff, who insisted that we provide show the credit card that the hotel was booked under, which I had unfortunately not brought with me on the trip. He said that he couldnt accept my booking unless I could prove it was me who booked the trip and insisted that I show my bank statement, which again was going to be difficult for me. He then said that I would have to phone my bank on my mobile and confirm with my bank. I suggested that he could take a copy of my debit card, in case there was an issue with my payment, which he rudely refused. The matter was only resolved when my girlfriend offered her own credit card. The whole thing was highly frustrating and embarrassing and left me regretting ever booking with Hotel CC. If I could have got a refund, I would have left and stayed somewhere else, but I was told that my payment was non refundable. When we finally checked in, we found that the Superior Double that we had booked, was very small indeed. The bed was up against the window on one side and there is barely enough room to walk around the bed, very cramped. The room is very nicely decorated and it was also very clean. The bed also deserves a special mention, as it was extremely comfortable. For me this hotel is neither the best or worst that I have stayed in, its decidedly average, let down by the front of house.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

There were suspect stains on the carpet and bed sheets, not to mention the room reeking of smoke. Fire alarm is set off if you have a shower so it may be better to wash in the canals. Location good however definitely worth exploring your other options and avoid this mediocre hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The service was very good and the people were really friendly. The rooms were really nice and modern, slightly on the small size but had an amazing window view out on to the canal and across to one of the main streets. The location was perfect, restaurants, cafe's, bars, shopping center and convenient stores all with in walking distance. It is not ideal if you are looking for a quiet get away as the streets nearby are always busy. The hotel has a small snack shop in the lobby which was slightly expensive but sold a wide variety of good drinks and snacks and delicious doughnuts! I have nothing bad to say about Hotel cc as it was in the perfect location, clean, modern, reasonably priced rooms, the people are friendly and i would definitely look at staying there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on the 6th March 2014. After our coach dropped us off at central station it took us literally 5 minutes to find the hotel, perfect location from the center of the city. Upon arrival at the hotel we were told although we can't check in until 2 (it was 11am at the time) we we're welcome to leave all our luggage while we had a look around the city. Our check in took only a few minutes, we were both asked for passports and sight of the card that the reservation was made with (they don't tell you that you'll need your debit card so don't forget!). Our room was absolutely spotless which is pretty much the only thing that matters to me as I'm a huge clean freak. The bathroom was lovely and modern, shower was a lot better than you'd expect from a 3* hotel. We had to check out by 11am next day but weren't due to leave Amsterdam until 5pm and were again told we could leave our bags there which was fantastic. Would definitely stay here again, can't understand why anybody could give this hotel a bad review. Basic but clean, cheap and central.

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Hotel CC? Share your experiences!